Premed 101 Forums

Official 2006 NHL Playoffs thread!

Guest noncestvrai

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest UofTstudentX

noncestvrai,

since you are so into hockey, you are more likely to see my msg here. can you check your inbox?

thanks

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Tough one on the Habs, but when you think about it, like it or not, they (like Philly and Tampa) weren't going anywhere to begin with, even moreso once Koivu went down. Montreal was only going as far as Huet could carry them to begin with and when you can't score goals, the first two games notwithstanding, you're not going to get very far!

You have to take your hats off to Cam Ward though- he was tossed straight into the hornets' nest- down 2-0 in games heading into Montreal and held the fort long enough for Carolina to rediscover their form- not that I'm a Carolina fan (I'm not), but you have to give props to a great performance when you see it! Well done and great goaltending- made for some truly exciting hockey! :D

As for predictions, I'm hoping that Calgary will pull it off tonight at home against the Ducks to set up the battle of Alberta that will definitely be a barn-burner!

I'm cheering for Buffalo and Carolina in the East and San Jose and whatever Canadian team emerges from the battle of Alberta in the West. From there, I'm hoping to keep the Cup in Canada, but honestly, San Jose is on a tear and they're going to be tough to beat.

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest silverjelly86

San Jose? What about NJ? Brodeur and the rest of the Devils have been undefeated. THEY'RE on a roll!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

True about NJ, but keep in mind that they were playing against a Jagr-less NYR team that was in utter disarray, as evidenced by their 4-0 series sweep. The next round against Carolina will be a lot tougher!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest Filledunord

*sniff!*

No more Habs action....oh well..can't say that I didn't see it coming.

I guess it's now go Sens go!

Oh...and I suppose I'll rah rah the Flames tonight....:rollin

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

NJ will crush Carolina. Or it will be dead close....either way Carolina is not coming out alive.

Guest treehuggingbiologist

Eastern Conference Predictions:

Sens v Sabres (Tickets to the second game - woo!!)

Sens will take the series in 5 or 6. It'll be hard fought, especially with the sens history of being ousted by the Sabres, but a lot of the team is either much older now, or new. So that shouldn't be a problem for them.

NJD v Carolina

I think NJD have the advantage in goalkeepers. Carolina though have a better overall team from what I've seen. Well, better in terms of they will get more shots off and that should help them. But the Devils will take the series in 6. However, if Brodeur breaks, then Carolina's got it.

On another note: does anyone find it strange that all the top seeded teams in the East won, but all the lower ranked teams in the West won? (With the exception of SJ - because Calgary'll take them out tonight)

Guest silverjelly86

Correction, treehuggingbiologist - it's Anaheim, not SJ. And the game will be close. That's right though; if Calgary loses tonight, all the bottom half of the western conference will have won the first round. :P

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

ok

wow..

so

the match ups are NJ vs. CAr, Ott vs. Buff

Edm vs. SJ and Col vs. Anaheim

Ok I want Edm and Col to win, and want Ottawa to win.

But I think Sj and Col will win, Ottawa and NJ will win as well.

Guest silverjelly86

Ottawa BETTER beat Buffalo. I hate Lindy Ruff, and for that I hate the Sabres as well. Edm has a shot against SJ - it'll go to six or seven games.

Official? Predictions -

Car vs. NJ - NJ in 6

SJ vs. Edm - SJ in 6 (or 7)

Ana vs. Col - Col in 7

Ott vs. Buf - Ott in 6

Guest moo

All I can say is THANK GOD THE FLAMES LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've hated them since they beat the Canucks in 88-89. (yes I was only 9 at the time but man that game 7 was a bad memory)

I don't understand how you can be an Oilers fan and cheer for the Flames. Just because they're a "Canadian team?" (Who, btw has more Americans on their roster than Anaheim)

C'mon, rivalries are rivalries. You don't chear for your rival just because they happen to be in the same country.

Guest silverjelly86

Yeah, but then what do you do - add up the amount of Canadian players in each team and then cheer for the team with the most? Too much work. :P

Guest noncestvrai

Hey Timmy,

The Leafs suck even more...so for me a far lesser evil...Ottawa.

I still don't "like" Ottawa per se, for various reasons.

I like Brodeur simply because he seems TO ENJOY playing hockey...so I wish his team all the best.

First and foremost, I like good hard fought games...and the second round should be full of 'em.

noncestvrai

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I watched all of 18 seconds of this game, no joke! Fortunately, it turned out to be the right 18 seconds! :lol

That Buffalo's an exciting team to watch!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest silverjelly86

Booo . . . I hate the Ducks. And I change my mind - Anaheim in 5. Colorado looked horrible yesterday; what was wrong with them?

They never should have traded Forsberg. :(

Guest PanjabiMD
Booo . . . I hate the Ducks. And I change my mind - Anaheim in 5. Colorado looked horrible yesterday; what was wrong with them?

They never should have traded Forsberg. :(

It was just one bad game, don't change your prediction. Look for Colorado to come back and win the series in 7. It will be tough, but Anaheim will definately not win in 5.

How about Buffalo...I won't be dissapointed if Ottawa is out in 5 games.

Oh, and FYI Forsberg wasn't traded. He signed as a free agent.

PMD

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

How about them Sabres??? They played a great game (and got clutch goaltending from Miller)! Both of their goals were things of beauty!

I love the way that the Senators are easily Bob Cole's favorite NHL team (by far). And that they spent half the first period on the power play!

I have a feeling that Ottawa will bounce back, though. They'd better, or else it's going to be a short series!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest DoNair
All I can say is THANK GOD THE FLAMES LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've hated them since they beat the Canucks in 88-89. (yes I was only 9 at the time but man that game 7 was a bad memory)

I don't understand how you can be an Oilers fan and cheer for the Flames. Just because they're a "Canadian team?" (Who, btw has more Americans on their roster than Anaheim)

C'mon, rivalries are rivalries. You don't chear for your rival just because they happen to be in the same country.

THANK YOU! Well put! All you bandwagon jumpers can put that in your pipe and smoke it! :hat

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

3-0 Sabres. Hasek had better hurry back so that he'll have a front row seat for when the Sens bite the dust!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Archived