Premed 101 Forums

Official 2006 NHL Playoffs thread!

Guest noncestvrai

Guest PhansterZ

Man, I'm on vacation in Calgary and the ppl here seem to really hate the Oilers. lol.

For the rest of us, it's great to see a Canadian team doing well. Hopefully the Oilers can pull it off and bring the cup back to Canada.

For those who actually read the TSN 'Your call' messages, that's the lowest common denominator in sports for insightful posts. There are way too many trolls. Hfboards.com has better discussions on hockey with ppl that actually know a thing or two.

It's too bad the Sens lost. Oh well. Next year....

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lurkergonepublic

Wow. Good on the Oilers. Four straight after two loses is impressive - I like their chances to go all the way. They just don't quit when behind (poor sens and flames...).

Guest GundamDX

that 3-1 posting is re: sharks! can't believe you guys gave up on this thread! just coz only the oil is in it doesn't mean we can't talk about it right? lol yeah oilers all the way hehe

Guest treehuggingbiologist

Dear Edmonton Oilers,

Do not choke. For the love of hockey and snow and maple syrup, do not choke.

Yours sincerely,

Every-single-Canadian-hockey-fan-hoping-the-cup-comes-back-to-Canada-this-year.

ETA: Yes, I've totally jumped on the Oilers bandwagon. So sue me - I want the cup back in Canada. If its not with the Sens, I'll be happy if any Canadian team gets it.

Guest mg83

I was at the game last night and have completely lost my voice...good thing there's a keyboard. I'd just like to share a few highlights from the game.

The best signs:

- "Emilio Estevez can't save you now"

- a picture from the nintendo game "Duck Hunt"

where the dog was wearing an Oiler Jersey

holding up a duck

- "Went fishing (with Sharks logo) now goin

hunting (with Ducks logo)"

The best moments:

- Paul Laurie stopping after the first verse of "O

Canada" so that the fans could sing it

- Alberta Beef steak thrown onto the ice

- 1/4 of the fans began quacking after the Emilio

poster was put on the scoreboard

- "we want the cup" chant was abruptly stopped by

the Ducks' 3 goals in 3 minutes binge

- George Laraque's after-fight antics...the crowd

went nuts!!!!

There were probably more but these are the ones I can think of off hand. Can't wait for game 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Keep the cup in Canada!!!

Actually, the cup hasn't been here in over 10 years, so that saying doesn't really apply much nowadays.

Go Oilers, go! Calgary fans (and fans of other Canadian hockey teams) be damned!

It'll be tough against those Sabres, though...

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest noncestvrai

I really like the Sabres, their style...I would love to see the Cup in Canada...but I have a feeling the Sabres will win it...

noncestvrai

Guest noncestvrai

Scary, AND I like anes...are you dating a girl named Vanessa or Veronique? Do you have a cat named minette?

Do you hate the Leafs? Cuz I do:p

noncestvrai

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

are you dating a girl named Vanessa or Veronique?

Anybody else find this bizarre? I have no comment! :lol

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest Lurkergonepublic

So which would be worse - if it's 2 girls at once, or if he just can't remember what her name is? :lol

Maybe it's 2 and they don't know each other - would that give you extra EC points in a med app on being able to successfully balance multiple activites?

:rollin

Guest noncestvrai

Well, when you have a lot of love to give...:P I actually know which one is which, one of them I have already written about her here a few months ago, and the other is a new one. Now, I don't have time for neither, so it's on a hiatus...for both.

AND they don't know each other of course, althought I consider one of them to be more of a "let's have fun" than a "let's build something"...

How did this turn into let's ask noncestvrai about his dating ethics...back to hockey!

noncestvrai

Guest treehuggingbiologist
I consider one of them to be more of a "let's have fun" than a "let's build something"...

I can imagine this going very wrong very quickly ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mg83

:( :( :( :( :( :(

I can't believe we lost Roli....this is the worst day ever. If i was carolina i'd be chilling the champagne now. The oilers are done....aaaarrrrggggggg. This totally suck...they just build you up and give you hope only to lose it in the most devastating way possible. Being an oiler's fan is like being in an abusive relationship....there's the honeymoon phase followed by a downward turn...gets really bad for a while and then catastrophe. The relationship was going so well and now I feel like i've been punched in the stomach....i'm seriously so sad :( :( :( :( :( I'm not sure i have it in me to cling to hope that we'll win this. Anyone have a pep talk to give to my fellow oiler fans?

Guest scrubbed

Well,

If they put Conklin in net for Game 2, he can only get better! :rolleyes . And, perhaps, Ward can only get worse.

There was a lot of cursing at the pub last night, preceded by a lot of cheering.

That's how it goes.

Guest DoNair

Not having Roli is a huge blow but Conklin won't play again. The guy has no confidence is his own play so MacT won't put him in.

It'll be Jussi for the next few games and the Oilers will come back. Don't fear. Oilers dominated early and allowed themselves to lose the game. If they tighten up the defensive play they'll do just fine.

Oilers in 6.

• 2 weeks later...

oh my god, that was such an intense game.....i just can't even begin to get my head around it. All i gotta say is give Pisani a raise and Chris Pronger...the man was an animal last night. Oh oilers.....why do you torture us so much...i think i'm getting an ulcer....hopefully so is Cam Ward.

GO OILERS GO...still alive baby:rollin :rollin :rollin

Archived