Premed 101 Forums

Athabasca Physics

Borborygmi

I've had great experiences with Athabasca distance courses so far. Has anyone here had any experience with Physics at Athabasca? The lab component of the course is performed at home using lab kits. I'm concerned about this being considered credit for medical school applications.

Does anyone have experience with using AthabascaU Physics for med apps?

Thanks.

What do you mean experience with it for med apps? What does that even mean? No pre-req in ONtario mate.

RE GunnersGunnaGun: Nowhere in my post did I specify Ontario medical schools. Some schools require a year's worth of physics coursework as a prerequisite.

RE rmorelan: UofA, for example, and many American schools require physics as a prereq.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding AthabascaU's Physics course being an acceptable physics credit? It's the at-home lab that worries me despite the course material being in-line with other major post-secondary institutions' physics curricula.

RE GunnersGunnaGun: Nowhere in my post did I specify Ontario medical schools. Some schools require a year's worth of physics coursework as a prerequisite.

RE rmorelan: UofA, for example, and many American schools require physics as a prereq.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding AthabascaU's Physics course being an acceptable physics credit? It's the at-home lab that worries me despite the course material being in-line with other major post-secondary institutions' physics curricula.

oh absolutely - just needed to know which ones you were looking at.

I don't believe Alberta will have a restriction as I recall - others I know have used both physics and chemistry courses from there.

As for the US I am afraid I am not so clear - just because there are so many schools to consider. I don't know any that would have an issue with it, but I don't know the rules for every school down there.

Archived