Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

What prof? Surely it can't be bayfield. You must have german reyes 

Scheid. He's a nice guy, but he's gotten a bunch of the experiments wrong. He basically said it doesn't matter for the midterms since theyre multiple choice, but we need to know the details for the final exam which is short/long answer. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the very same question. I'm sure the mistake is because it was posted to a PEI address, but they know I'm a Mac student so it's pretty obviously a mixup. I was amused more than anything, though I'll be giving them a call.

Birdy it might be because you get a free stethoscope and some free money as well :)

http://www.healthpei.ca/index.php3?number=1025214〈=E

Birdy it might be because you get a free stethoscope and some free money as well :)

http://www.healthpei.ca/index.php3?number=1025214〈=E

I'm still trying to figure out how they will buy me a stethoscope. I've known about the program since my family doctor told me about it. The province maintains a list of all Islanders studying medicine in Canada (there's less than 60 at a time, so not a huge list!) and I'm on it so I suppose I'll hear from them soon.

Can't answer for everyone but there are some people that are more... audible than others, soothing to listen to, he doesn't fit into that category. But then again, Jian did.... :\

I don't understand, do you mean that the quality his voice itself is abrasive or that the way he states things are blunt (I'd agree with the latter). Jian Ghomeshi and Dr. Oz are both very charming, subtle people :))

I just started listening to white coat black art, why does Goldman rub some people the wrong way?

I just started listening to white coat black art, why does Goldman rub some people the wrong way?

I disagree with some of his opinions, but overall think he's a fairly decent medical communicator. He overuses some of his sayings (eg. "From my side of the gurney" For frig's sake, a doctor can stand on either side!) which becomes a bit grating, but overall the show is decent exposure to Canadian healthcare and issues.

I'd love to do a MacMed podcast about life in med school. Call it We are (de)Groote.

I disagree with some of his opinions, but overall think he's a fairly decent medical communicator. He overuses some of his sayings (eg. "From my side of the gurney" For frig's sake, a doctor can stand on either side!) which becomes a bit grating, but overall the show is decent exposure to Canadian healthcare and issues.

I'd love to do a MacMed podcast about life in med school. Call it We are (de)Groote.

Sounds like a pretty good idea and the title is pretty inspired LOL. I think that would qualify as an "interest group" thing for mac med XD

But you're always supposed to stand on the right side! :P

Was shadowing someone today and took a ride in his Tesla Model S.

The acceleration was obscene. And the car was so, so smooth and quiet.

Why do we still drive cars with internal combustion engines? After riding in a bona-fide electric car, it seems so archaic.

Why do we still drive cars with internal combustion engines? After riding in a bona-fide electric car, it seems so archaic.

Because not everyone has the money for a tesla? Because the charging infrastructure isn't quite there?

Because not everyone has the money for a tesla? Because the charging infrastructure isn't quite there?

My question was more about society as a whole, not individual people today in a snapshot in time. It has very little to do with the cost of the car but rather with electric vehicles in general; I know the infrastructure isn't there, but the technology and ability to develop is, and is nothing new. We could've been there years ago if not for a strong (for some) not to change the status quo. I guess I'm just bemoaning the inability for things to move along faster if only due to the inertia of special interests.

Be careful not to sound snobbish. Most people (99% to be exact) aren't in the top 1%. 

Mostly because of $$ and I'm not talking about people who can't afford the car. 

I know of at least one person who really wants a Tesla and can very well afford (multiple) Teslas, but will not be getting a Tesla because there is no infrastructure to charge the Tesla in his area.  

Also, some people like the vroom vroom of their cars.

Be careful not to sound snobbish. Most people (99% to be exact) aren't in the top 1%. 

I know of at least one person who really wants a Tesla and can very well afford (multiple) Teslas, but will not be getting a Tesla because there is no infrastructure to charge the Tesla in his area.  

I struggle to see how I was being snobbish; it wasn't my car and I couldn't even dream of owning one. I think it's fairly obvious I was asking about electric vehicles in general. I wasn't asking "Why doesn't everyone drive Teslas"? My question was more pointed toward "Why are we still settled on this archaic way of doing things?" The internal combustion engine could've been scaled back a decade ago. Tesla just happens to be the company finally making the push with consumers to create the market. The fact that they're expensive vehicles (at the moment) is somewhat secondary.

I think the biggest issue is that it takes hours to recharge.  Who has time for that?  You basically would have to have a gas car for long trips or prepare to hang out in parking lots a lot.  

My dad just bought me a 1960 reissue custom shop fender strat as a getting into med school present ahhhhhhhh

Guitars > getting into med school

That's a really awesome present, wow!

I've been going a bit crazy on Kijiji before I leave Montreal (building up a stash since I'm afraid there won't be as much cool stuff back in London), so in the last month I've bought two 1960s japanese electrics, an old canadian tube amp, a chorus pedal, and a multitracker. Total < $600. And met some cool people. Kijiji is awesome!

Archived