Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

Thank you everyone! Yes it does indeed mean I have been accepted to Memorial Medical school class of 2017!!!!!!!

I am so happy, I feel less stressed about providing for my family now!

Sorry about the cat and car issues.. :( Sometimes cars are more hassle than they're worth... . oh those pre-child bus days lol

Congratulations!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you everyone! Yes it does indeed mean I have been accepted to Memorial Medical school class of 2017!!!!!!!

Sorry about the cat and car issues.. :( Sometimes cars are more hassle than they're worth... . oh those pre-child bus days lol

ok, now I get it :)

Congrats!

Congrats silvantes!

Sorry to NR about pet health care issues. It's times like this that I reflect on the Cdn health care system and how I just can't imagine living in the US and having their health care system.

When my dog was hit by a car and had a pneumothorax it was pricey too- but I'm glad the $1500 (ouch) was spent because she was only 8 and lived until 15.5.

Too bad about the car, aaron. I don't miss my days working at the auto repair shop, when things like this happened to my customers. :(

All your hard work has paid off for both you and your family. Enjoy your moment :)

Congratulations!!!

this group writing assignment is becoming a distaster

All group members finally emailed me their written sections and after having read through them all I have noticed several statistical inconsistencies which is making me scrutinize their work more and not trust either what they have written or what they have interpreted the data to indicate.

Looks like I'll be writing this 10-pager from scratch tomorrow. Thankfully I've already sketched the outline with a bunch of data calculations and table structures. Just need to clickity clack.

so annoying

this group writing assignment is becoming a distaster

All group members finally emailed me their written sections and after having read through them all I have noticed several statistical inconsistencies which is making me scrutinize their work more and not trust either what they have written or what they have interpreted the data to indicate.

Looks like I'll be writing this 10-pager from scratch tomorrow. Thankfully I've already sketched the outline with a bunch of data calculations and table structures. Just need to clickity clack.

so annoying

Sounds like most group projects I had to deal with - groups made of members with logical but completely different goals really don't work that well.

i feel like i have the worse luck with women. this girl who i been talking too, who looks really hot/cute/pretty w.e has a bf.

I feel like everytime I like a girl i find out she has a bf.....

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME!

:(. On the bright side, if you didn't know she has a boyfriend, my guess would be that you didn't know her too well at all, and maybe you wouldn't have even liked her personality.

^i did scout for info and found out she has a bf. which now i do not want to even talk to her anymore, hurts too much.

something that is going through my mind is that this other female who i am working with in my class i think she thinks i like her but she has a bf so she is avoiding me....when in reality i just want to get through this course. I sometimes think it would be easier to work with all guys despite the lack of eye candy.

I am also having to unsubscribe to one of my fb friends news since her life seems so perfect it makes me feel awful (spring break photos, looking stunning, good group of friends, prettiest out of all her friends, i am pretty sure she can be a model, perfect in every picture, super tall bf etc).

That isn't how you get to be a good computer programmer :) You track these things down - you NEED to know why.

speaking of programming... would you happen to have any advice on getting started in mobile app development?

when I broke my neck 16 years ago I taught myself to program in C, C++, and OOP and continued on with it as a hobby for about 10 years after but have been out of the game for a while but there are some personal apps I'd like to consider learning how to program this summer so any sources for beginners would be appreciated :)

Ugh. I hate it when profs deduct a quarter mark for each multiple choice you get wrong, in order to prevent guessing.

Ended up leaving two MC questions on the exam blank, as I didn't want to guess and lose marks, as I honestly had no clue about those two questions. Oh well. :(

At least all of the short- and long- answer questions were easy, with a bunch of the short answer being the same (or very similar) to ones that were posted on the sample midterm. Yay!

Snow is coming down here. What a difference from last year. We essentially had no winter last year, now this year, it's like the weather is trying to make up for last year, but giving us a LOT of winter snow!

Head of Mexico's teachers union charged with conspiracy and embezzlement of huge sum in millions (200M). She has been denied bail. It is amazing that a teacher could could have gotten away with this for so long.

saw that - wow. Really that if true is just stunning. To steal that much and a) not get caught and B) somehow not be that obvious about it.

Archived