Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rant of the day.. I had a minor paper to hand in a couple weeks ago, and decided not to do it because it wasn't worth much (<2%) and I had tests to study for instead. When our professor handed them back, a group of people I sit near made a series of snide comments to the effect of, "at least we actually do our work." Shocked anyone would even notice, none the less care, I'm actually kind of annoyed now by the level condescension.. I've never met any other premeds in person before, but I'm starting to see why people hate them.

Rant of the day.. I had a minor paper to hand in a couple weeks ago, and decided not to do it because it wasn't worth much (<2%) and I had tests to study for instead. When our professor handed them back, a group of people I sit near made a series of snide comments to the effect of, "at least we actually do our work." Shocked anyone would even notice, none the less care, I'm actually kind of annoyed now by the level condescension.. I've never met any other premeds in person before, but I'm starting to see why people hate them.

Not everyone is like that :)

I've found engineers to be worse than premiers from past experiences

RunningGuns said:

Crossfit has this huge thing with whether it is beneficial or harmful. With that being said, up to you whether you choose to continue with it.

I have done it a couple times, and I know of my old boss who lived and swore by it. If you are in relatively good shape you should be ok, if you haven't lifted weights or ran in 10 years you may struggle a little with it, but ultimately pushing yourself is what betters yourself.

As for costs it shouldn't really cost you anything unless you choose to go to a gym and get a specific trainer, or group that engages in it. I think it was men's health (not specific to you) that would post their "crossfit of the day" and you could do it, what could potentially be for free, depending on your gym situation.

any section in particular? :)

Oh gosh, well, sometimes I go to a frequent poster's profile and click "view all posts" and then I start looking at threads. Mostly the ones where people post their stats for advice and such.

Like oh gosh, in school, I feel good about myself and feel like I'm doing well, and then I remember I don't have a shot in hell of getting into any Canadian school.

Oh gosh, well, sometimes I go to a frequent poster's profile and click "view all posts" and then I start looking at threads. Mostly the ones where people post their stats for advice and such.

Like oh gosh, in school, I feel good about myself and feel like I'm doing well, and then I remember I don't have a shot in hell of getting into any Canadian school.

there is a subjective and objective component to that - we can go through that easily enough by processing your GPA, MCAT etc, etc. That is a lot of what I guess some of do here on the forum.

It is a bit dangerous to compare to others on the forum in particular - you can end up with a situation of relative deprivation - you feel bad in a sense because others are - or at least claiming - to be doing better. Trouble is in the end it doesn't matter how well they are doing, it matters how well you are doing.

Archived