Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exam grading for multiple choice midterms at McGill ranges from getting your marks the next day (I <3 World of Chem classes) to 3 weeks later, by which point you forgot you even wrote the midterm lol

If WOC can have their grade sup the next day why can't every course do the same?

This is my fourth year living in Quebec and I can't believe how this province is run. (I thought Ontario was poorly managed) So McGill seems to just be a product of Quebec thinking.

Only a premed like myself would be happy for a redo midterm. Legit the entire midterm for one of my classes was voided because a third of the class cheated by continuing to write for ten minutes after pencils down (I was not one of them- just so you know). I did pretty mediocre so I am so happy, but a little disgusted at my class at them same time.

Its like a twisted Christmas. Least it will be fair this time.

Only a premed like myself would be happy for a redo midterm. Legit the entire midterm for one of my classes was voided because a third of the class cheated by continuing to write for ten minutes after pencils down (I was not one of them- just so you know). I did pretty mediocre so I am so happy' date=' but a little disgusted at my class at them same time.

Its like a twisted Christmas. Least it will be fair this time.[/quote']

Why would trey have just given everyone zeros? Seems like you have to make good on threats every once and a while or else no one will believe them.

Why not just a 100% final as an option?

That's great! :P

At least one of our active members graduated from law school before entering med school.

No offence to him but I hope I am not the second. I whole heartily only applied to Law as I took the LSAT after first year on a bet with my friend who wanted to go to law school, and scored very well on it. I only applied to schools that didn't require much work (Alberta,UVic, USask, UMan, even though I'm an Ontario resident) and only applied as a back up to medicine.

I truly would prefer to get into Medicine, been my goal for a very very long time, hence my relative non-excitement at getting into a Law program.

Why would trey have just given everyone zeros? Seems like you have to make good on threats every once and a while or else no one will believe them.

Why not just a 100% final as an option?

So it was made into an either or thing, we have the option to rewrite, or shifted to final. It was not really an option to give zeros it was chaos handing the midterm in so the prof didn't know who exactly cheated.

Archived