Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing i've discovered since being back in school and helping out in an after school program.

Those who say they aren't good at math is not because they are dumb, stupid, or inept. It's because they've never put in the time and work required to become good at it.

We all have a level at which we hit a point of diminishing returns in that the additional time and effort required to get good at something starts to outpace the results bit I'm convinced when it comes to math most people never reach that point. They simply give up too early.

And I'm far from great at math. I had to work my ass off but I knew when I started to reach the point of diminishing returns.

I have remarked that most people have this fear of math and already have this pre-conceived notion that math is hard even before studying it.

Our Prime Minister is as dishonest as Rob FoRd, and perhaps worse. Criminal acts were going on in his office and he clairs no knowledge. RCMP will obtain more documents and the truth will come out. Suffice to say, the PM has been hiding and playing with facts over the Duffy payment affair.

Silly goose. Our PM isn't dishonest! He's just a sellout, two distinguishable character flaws.

One thing i've discovered since being back in school and helping out in an after school program.

Those who say they aren't good at math is not because they are dumb, stupid, or inept. It's because they've never put in the time and work required to become good at it.

We all have a level at which we hit a point of diminishing returns in that the additional time and effort required to get good at something starts to outpace the results bit I'm convinced when it comes to math most people never reach that point. They simply give up too early.

And I'm far from great at math. I had to work my ass off but I knew when I started to reach the point of diminishing returns.

Reminds me of this video :)

Heh I love Dnews.

Hope you've been well, Aaron :)

Archived