Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you been given more powers?

I see that tooty was empowered to appoint mods for example.

actually it is still Ian that is doing that - but Tooty and I were working collectively on the recruitment drive as it were and organizing it with Dr Wong :)

We are also working on some other exciting aspects to the forum which should be announced soon

I love historical comparisons.

In 1976, Canada had 1.71 physicians per 1000 which led many to believe there was a physician surplus. In 2011 there is now 2.44 physicians per 1000 but it is believed that there is a shortage.

Granted this is OECD data and doesn't factor in age-adjusted rates and a few other factors but it's quite an interesting dichotomy.

I love historical comparisons.

In 1976, Canada had 1.71 physicians per 1000 which led many to believe there was a physician surplus. In 2011 there is now 2.44 physicians per 1000 but it is believed that there is a shortage.

Granted this is OECD data and doesn't factor in age-adjusted rates and a few other factors but it's quite an interesting dichotomy.

Reminds me how stuff used to cost couple of cents back in time.

funny dichotomy, cents don't exist no more

Reminds me how stuff used to cost couple of cents back in time.

funny dichotomy, cents don't exist no more

hehehe still with normalized data it is a bit weird. Of course there are arguments about how much relatively doctors work now.

You always have to take this data points with a grain of salt :)

Archived