Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

Coming back to school has either: 1) made me hyper OCD and neurotic about certain things (not related to marks either) or 2) made me realize I always was and it's just gotten worse with age and because I need to focus more than I did in my career.

Either way it's disturbing me lol

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ughhh

Not sure what to do right now...

My McMaster interview is on March 22nd in the afternoon. My Sask interview is that same weekend, and then Ottawa is the following Tuesday (25th).

Getting to Saskatoon from either Hamilton or Toronto will be extremely difficult (if not completely impossible depending on flight availability) before the interview the next day. Then the issue is further complicated because I need to make sure that I can make it back for my Ottawa interview.

Just venting my frustration here... Probably going to drop the Sask interview.

Ughhh

My McMaster interview is on March 22nd in the afternoon. My Sask interview is that same weekend, and then Ottawa is the following Tuesday (25th).

Getting to Saskatoon from either Hamilton or Toronto will be extremely difficult (if not completely impossible depending on flight availability) before the interview the next day. Then the issue is further complicated because I need to make sure that I can make it back for my Ottawa interview.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. See you the 22nd though! I'll probably be volunteering to lead MMI groups that day

That sucks, sorry to hear that. See you the 22nd though! I'll probably be volunteering to lead MMI groups that day

My last chance is to try and reschedule Mac to the 29th. Sask only has interviews on the 22/23rd weekend. If I can't get Mac to budge for me (which is the likely result), I will be most likely be at Mac on the 22nd. Maybe I'll see you there!

My last chance is to try and reschedule Mac to the 29th. Sask only has interviews on the 22/23rd weekend. If I can't get Mac to budge for me (which is the likely result), I will be most likely be at Mac on the 22nd. Maybe I'll see you there!

Good luck! As an OOP with an interview at Sask you have a very good chance of getting accepted at the at school. Try to make all the ones you can :)

Good luck! As an OOP with an interview at Sask you have a very good chance of getting accepted at the at school. Try to make all the ones you can :)

I know, it's such a huge dilemma. Given that this is a potentially life changing decision that I might have to make, I'm going to need to give this one some serious thought if Mac won't change it for me.

I know, it's such a huge dilemma. Given that this is a potentially life changing decision that I might have to make, I'm going to need to give this one some serious thought if Mac won't change it for me.

I was able to do an interview in the early afternoon, get to TO's airport and get to Sask that night. There are flights etc, it is tight but possible.

Ughhh

If you have the funds available, fly westjet to Sask on the evening of the 22ed, then fly to Ottawa on the Monday. I checked, there's a flight leaving from Toronto at 6:20pm direct to Saskatoon on the 22ed. Direct flight, three and a half hours. There's one leaving later, though you'd get into Sask quite late.

Much as it may suck if you do have to cancel on one school, it's a good sign that so many are interested!

If you have the funds available, fly westjet to Sask on the evening of the 22ed, then fly to Ottawa on the Monday. I checked, there's a flight leaving from Toronto at 6:20pm direct to Saskatoon on the 22ed. Direct flight, three and a half hours. There's one leaving later, though you'd get into Sask quite late.

Much as it may suck if you do have to cancel on one school, it's a good sign that so many are interested!

ha - and that is pretty much exactly what I did.

Bottom line is you absolutely don't miss interviews if there is anyway at all not to. You are so close at this point you have to make the most of all those chances :)

ha - and that is pretty much exactly what I did.

Bottom line is you absolutely don't miss interviews if there is anyway at all not to. You are so close at this point you have to make the most of all those chances :)

I've spent far more time than someone should buying plane tickets. My husband flew monthly/bimonthly for two years and a lot of the time it was cheaper and/or faster to fly him into one city on one airline then into another city on a different one. The 'multi city' option for looking up flights is awesome.

I've spent far more time than someone should buying plane tickets. My husband flew monthly/bimonthly for two years and a lot of the time it was cheaper and/or faster to fly him into one city on one airline then into another city on a different one. The 'multi city' option for looking up flights is awesome.

On my way to sask I had to constantly bounce through calgary (major hub) - seems like the main way things are done.

On my way to sask I had to constantly bounce through calgary (major hub) - seems like the main way things are done.

I've noticed that Westjet seems to offer a lot of direct flights which is why I checked there first. Also, nicer conveniences on their planes so we prefer to fly them when possible. :)

While far less exciting than all the medical school interviews, I've been invited to interview for my top internship/masters program choice! :)

Have yet to hear back from the other internship programs, although I'm not expecting those decisions until later this month, since applications were only due Feb. 2nd, and they have lots of applications to go through.

The one interview I have so far is a panel interview, but some of the internship programs have MMIs. So not so different from prepping for medical school interviews.

While far less exciting than all the medical school interviews, I've been invited to interview for my top internship/masters program choice! :)

Have yet to hear back from the other internship programs, although I'm not expecting those decisions until later this month, since applications were only due Feb. 2nd, and they have lots of applications to go through.

The one interview I have so far is a panel interview, but some of the internship programs have MMIs. So not so different from prepping for medical school interviews.

Way to go!!!

You'll be an MMI expert by the end of term. Where are your med interviews?

I never thanked you for your dietetics info from a couple months ago - so thanks! Grateful for it.

RR

hey good luck! That is good news

That's great, congrats and good luck!

Woo! Congrats!! :)

Awesome! I bet you will do amazingly well. Good luck.

Thanks all! :) I'm pretty excited, and very glad I had a back-up plan in place, since this stupid concussion kept me from applying for medicine this year.

I'm down to one physio session a week, from two, so we are hoping I'll be in good shape to start a combined masters/internship, internship, or masters in the fall. And while dietetics isn't medicine, I know I'll be happy working in public health as a dietitian - I've had enough exposure to the profession now to feel happy about that plan.

ETA: I've now received an interview invitation for my other top choice for a masters/internship program, as well as an interview invite for one stand-alone internship. The stand-alone is a group interview, which I've never had before, so I'm not sure what to expect. I know I tend to try to take the lead when I'm placed in groups, so I'm not sure how to approach a group interview situation.

aww that sucks. I haven't had much work to do the past 2 weeks and I've been watching as much Olympics as I want :D

ha :) at least it is recorded if we want to see it later.

Isn't always that busy but in residency there are often busy spurts based on the block you are on. I am on CTU now, which of course is busy.

Archived