Premed 101 Forums

Ontario Accelerated Nursing Acceptances - 2013

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if UofT has given out waitlist offers or rejections yet? Also, I sent a transcript with my final grades to UofT and they received it on May 24th but my UofT account hasn't indicated as if that transcript qualifies to complete the requirement of being "An official final transcript or mark sheet, sent directly from the institution, showing all subjects studied to date in each academic session, the grades obtained and the grading scale used". I'm wondering if I should send another transcript (this would be my third since the academic year ended) or will they email me if something is wrong?

I would suggest that you call them to sort it out.

That being said, acceptances are still being sent out. There have been a few offers sent this week and last, at least according to the facebook group for incoming students.

Good luck!

If anyone is wondering, UofT is giving out their last batch of offers next week; they are waiting on responses from the previous batch this week. After June 28th, they are going to start putting together a waitlist. So cross your fingers to everyone who is anxiously but patiently waiting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I am currently applying to programs at Western, Toronto, Mac, and York for Sept 2014 and I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing what their average/GPA was for last year (of those who were accepted). Just so I can get an idea of how competitive it is. My top two choices are Western and Mac.

Also, if I was unsuccessful in getting in this year, but I have finished my undergrad degree and graduated, would I be able to take a 5th year in September and have those course marks contribute to boosting my GPA even though I am no longer working towards a degree? I emailed the program coordinators but am still awaiting a response, so I figured I'd ask here in case anyone knows.

Thank you!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there,

Also, if I was unsuccessful in getting in this year, but I have finished my undergrad degree and graduated, would I be able to take a 5th year in September and have those course marks contribute to boosting my GPA even though I am no longer working towards a degree? I emailed the program coordinators but am still awaiting a response, so I figured I'd ask here in case anyone knows.

Thank you!! :)

Hey so your Cumulative GPA would remain the same b/c you completed your Undergrad but your SubGPA would change. So if you need to boost ur CGPA dont graduate yet. Might as well not graduate if your staying back right?

I got this info from York U Nursing

Hey so your Cumulative GPA would remain the same b/c you completed your Undergrad but your SubGPA would change. So if you need to boost ur CGPA dont graduate yet. Might as well not graduate if your staying back right?

I got this info from York U Nursing

Hey thanks for your response! I actually got an email back from Mac and Western saying that a 5th or special year post-graduation would still count towards my GPA and be used for admission. Seeing as I am hoping to get in this year though, I am going to graduate. But if for some reason I don't, I can apparently take a 5th year and re-apply. Guess I just wouldn't be eligible for York next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

... anybody already in western accelerated nursing (or graduates) mind sharing their experiences? maybe gpa?

i did receive an offer from other school but western is my 1st choice and i really want an insider view on the program before i make another rush decision. :o

Archived