Premed 101 Forums

The UWO May 14 (End of the Premed World) Support Group

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perfect thank you! Also when would waitlist movement typically start/end?

a bit variable - used to be when OMSAS time limited ended to accept but recently things have been moving a bit faster. You can check out the movements from last year, but usually over a week after the first round

It can go on for quite a bit but the bulk of the waitlist movement is early on.

5 days to go!

a bit variable - used to be when OMSAS time limited ended to accept but recently things have been moving a bit faster. You can check out the movements from last year, but usually over a week after the first round

It can go on for quite a bit but the bulk of the waitlist movement is early on.

5 days to go!

Thank you :). Western is my first choice but since I was already accepted to Calgary which starts earlier, I would hope to know for sure by the end of June/early July if I'm waitlisted and not outright accepted/rejected.

Out of curiosity, when is the OMSAS final date to accept the offer this year? (I feel like I should remember from last year, but I think I just accepted immediately and didn't pay attention to the date haha).

Wasn't it May 29th? [edit:] I think they released campus designation (to those given unspecified campus) the first few days of June and then waitlist started moving June 4th.

With the impending end of the premed world and the possibility of med school quickly approaching it may be time for you to start planning. This is where I come into the equation. I deal with professional students in your situation every day. At Scotiabank we are proud to be the #1 choice of medical students at Western. It is very important that you speak to an advisor that specializes in professional student lines of credit. I would be happy to provide you with relevant advice and information regardless of your location.

I've reached that point where time seems to be passing both quickly and slowly. I don't even know how I got to Friday, but now it feels like there is endless time ahead of me. Gah. I need to be put out of my misery one way or the other soon.

I'm with you on this. 4 more sleeps and then it's over.

Less than 48 hours left now...I am freaking out. I don't know why I have such negativity on the outcome, but I feel like I am definitely not going to get in and the wait to hear that is excruciating.

Same here. I had a dream last night that I got rejected in one interview, and put on the bad wait list in the other two. I feel the dream was accurate

Less than 48 hours left now...I am freaking out. I don't know why I have such negativity on the outcome, but I feel like I am definitely not going to get in and the wait to hear that is excruciating.

This is how I feel about western. I want to go there so badly but have such a bad feeling about it.

Yes, I totally agree, getting more anxious (and maybe more negative about the interview) as it's getting down to less than 2 days now.....

Also, still hoping for just one little offer please from any school! That would be such a blessing, and a lifelong dream come true,..but also in the dilemma of not being exactly sure which one to choose if lucky enough to get more than one offer, I have a 3-way tie for favourites, and the winners rotate every day!

Good luck, everyone.

Whatever happens tomorrow, you're still pretty cool people. The road is long, but it leads to a better place.

Also, I hope you keep Western in mind if you have the good fortune of a Western acceptance. Our medstudents do fantastic in the CaRMS match (we really swept it this year) and are exemplary on electives. Also, we're nice people and it's fun here :) .

Ladies and Gentleman:

Today signifies the last sleep before the final countdown. Some of you will not make it, but you can play musical chairs for the remaining seats. Do not be discouraged. I truly do not know if the sun will rise Wednesday morning but life will go on. For me this is truly the end of a long and painful journey. The last few months have been very difficult for me. This doomsday represents the end of the premed world for all of us and the start of the Golden Age of Medicine or Age of Darkness, the waiting, the mind games, I am not for that. Think positive the end will come. A new countdown will begin shortly, for the arrival of the giant panda exhibit at the Toronto Zoo. I wish all the best and hope your souls transmigrate to the school of your choice. Let the 2013 CMA MD Draft begin...

Yours in Life and Death, Light and Darkness,

TaRoEl

P.S. I love you Sandy, we will be together very soon.

Archived