Premed 101 Forums

Backpack color

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually really like orange...it's a very common colour in my wardrobe. Though for bags I usually prefer classy black/brown leather messenger bags.

The colour seems to bounce between bright and conservative colours. My classes extremely red bags caused a backlash the following year so they ended up with grey ones :)

Walking by the hospital the other day I realized I'm having trouble keeping all of the backpack colours straight in my head. Can anybody fill in the blanks?

Matriculated in - bag colour

2003 - grey/blue???
2004 - bright blue, taller, defective shoulder straps, so rarely seen in the wild
2005 - dark blue
2006 - grey/blue
2007 - green
2008 - bright blue
2009 - red
2010 - grey
2011 - bright blue
2012 - burgundy
2013 - orange

2014 - horrible, horrible green

2015 - purple

2016 - turquoise

2017 - blue and black with "150"

2018 - red with black trim

2019  - emerald green

2008 - bright blue.

2012 - burgundy

2013 we don't know yet :)

Walking by the hospital the other day I realized I'm having trouble keeping all of the backpack colours straight in my head. Can anybody fill in the blanks?

2003 - grey/blue???

2004 - ???

2005 - dark blue

2006 - grey/blue

2007 - green

2008 - ???

2009 - red

2010 - grey

2011 - bright blue

2012 - ???

2013 - ???

Hopefully, it's a nice shade of orange if it's orange. As long as it's not an "I pissed in my pants" or an "I puked all over myself" shade of yellow-orange, I don't mind. :P

+1

Also I wouldn't mind a nice shade of green, blue, or even purple!

Hopefully, it's a nice shade of orange if it's orange. As long as it's not an "I pissed in my pants" or an "I puked all over myself" shade of yellow-orange, I don't mind. :P

some kind of styling burnt orange perhaps?

Ha - how are we so sure it is going to be orange anyway?

2003 - grey/blue???

2004 - ???

2004 was bright blue. However, it was a different style (taller bag), and there were many defective bags in which the shoulder strap ripped after a few months - therefore it's uncommon to see these around still.

When do we receive our backpacks? As early as O week or later on? Also, a side story:

I was in Hamilton for a weekend a few weeks ago unrelated to med stuff and I ended up having to take someone to MUMC. I was sitting in the emerg waiting room and a youngish man walked in. I thought to myself "I wonder if he's a med student?" Then he turned around to leave and I saw it. The backpack! I grabbed my husband's hand and gasped "Look!" Of course he had no idea what I was on about and when I explained it he said, "wow, you're an even bigger nerd than I thought."

Well now this nerd will have her own backpack!

When do we receive our backpacks? As early as O week or later on? Also, a side story:

I was in Hamilton for a weekend a few weeks ago unrelated to med stuff and I ended up having to take someone to MUMC. I was sitting in the emerg waiting room and a youngish man walked in. I thought to myself "I wonder if he's a med student?" Then he turned around to leave and I saw it. The backpack! I grabbed my husband's hand and gasped "Look!" Of course he had no idea what I was on about and when I explained it he said, "wow, you're an even bigger nerd than I thought."

Well now this nerd will have her own backpack!

hehehehe he is just jealous that he won't be getting one!

Archived