Premed 101 Forums

LOC for US school

Does anybody know if there are any banks that don't require a co-signer for an LOC for a US school?

We literally have NO-ONE that could co-sign for us (husband's parents are retired, as are mine, and mine also don't live in Canada). Besides which, we really would rather not ask anybody to co-sign for us.

Husband was accepted to University of Cincinnati, and will get enough Stafford loans to pay for schools, fees, etc. but we need a little extra for living expenses since we're a family of four. But so far the banks he's talked to want him to have a co-signer because he's "studying abroad." It's not like he's going to a Caribbean school or something. :(

Does anybody know if there are any banks that don't require a co-signer for an LOC for a US school?

We literally have NO-ONE that could co-sign for us (husband's parents are retired, as are mine, and mine also don't live in Canada). Besides which, we really would rather not ask anybody to co-sign for us.

Husband was accepted to University of Cincinnati, and will get enough Stafford loans to pay for schools, fees, etc. but we need a little extra for living expenses since we're a family of four. But so far the banks he's talked to want him to have a co-signer because he's "studying abroad." It's not like he's going to a Caribbean school or something. :(

Not sure if u have tried scotiabank, but I have heard scotia doesn't need a cosigner, not sure abt US tho. Good luck!!

We already talked to RBC and Scotiabank. They both require consigners for US schools. We're still waiting to hear from TD and BMO. We're going to try CIBC as well. But we're not hopeful right now. We asked them to waive the consigners but it's bank policy.

ETA: and they also have policies of lower LOC amount limits for the us schools.

Archived