Premed 101 Forums

Summer, going to CEGEP, any ideas for ECs?

Guest tryhardnumber1

Guest tryhardnumber1

Do you have any ideas for ECs I could do in the summer or something I could do to prepare myself for CEGEP? Do you know any trips I could take somewhere in the world with reduced prices for people with excellent grades?

In entering Cegep just have a serious attitude being motivated to work hard. A friend took a highly challenging program, had a 90% throughout, worked part time, had many ECs and went directly to professional school from Cegep. The key is to be serious and have a strong work ethic, combined with good time and stress management skills.

As for ECs, I helped a neighbour in her 50s who was wheelchair bound and on dialysis by doing her shopping, picking up her mail, doing her laundry, taking her for wheeled walks watching the children at the local park and just chatting. It was wonderful and she motivated me so until the day she died and her treasured memory is my motivation and inspiration. There is also Big Brother, Big Sister or volunteering or working at a nearby day camp or sleepover camp. It is not necesssary to travel abroad. I wish you every success. :P

Archived