Premed 101 Forums

Medically Related Experience

Hi everyone,

This is my first time applying to Dalhousie and I was just wondering what type of stuff constitutes "medically-related experience"? Is it strictly referring to hospital volunteering or clinical work or would something such as working and volunteering in a cadaver lab teaching paramedics and stuff like that be considered "medically-related" as well.

Also, does anyone know if the admissions committee would penalize you for incorporating experience into the wrong category?

Thanks all in advance.

Hi everyone,

This is my first time applying to Dalhousie and I was just wondering what type of stuff constitutes "medically-related experience"? Is it strictly referring to hospital volunteering or clinical work or would something such as working and volunteering in a cadaver lab teaching paramedics and stuff like that be considered "medically-related" as well.

Also, does anyone know if the admissions committee would penalize you for incorporating experience into the wrong category?

Thanks all in advance.

I would argue that volunteering in a cadaver lab and stuff like that would for sure be medically related. I don't think they penalize you for putting something in a category that they don't think it should be in, since it can be kind of ambiguous sometimes where something should go. A friend of mine emailed admissions a couple of years ago to ask if they should put certain things in multiple categories if they fit (like doing something medically related that is also volunteering) and they said to just put it once. The important thing is just to include it. When I filled out my application and had stuff like that, I just put it in whichever category had fewer entries.

Archived