Premed 101 Forums

GPA calculation for graduated student

Hi, I just graduated last June and I am hoping to apply to Dal this application cycle.

From the website, it says that they look at two recent years for GPA calculation for those that haven't yet graduated and also for those that have graduated, there is an option of looking at three recent years.

I did a 5th year and my two recent year average up to be 3.88 but unfortunately my 3rd year (which will be included if I take three recent years) is subpar (3.3) :(

If you are applying after you graduate, can you use only two recent years or do you have to use three?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi, I just graduated last June and I am hoping to apply to Dal this application cycle.

From the website, it says that they look at two recent years for GPA calculation for those that haven't yet graduated and also for those that have graduated, there is an option of looking at three recent years.

I did a 5th year and my two recent year average up to be 3.88 but unfortunately my 3rd year (which will be included if I take three recent years) is subpar (3.3) :(

If you are applying after you graduate, can you use only two recent years or do you have to use three?

Thank you so much in advance!

"Transcripts will be assessed as follows:

The calculation of your GPA consists of the two most recent consecutive full-time years of undergraduate study at the time of application. If you have received your degree, at the time of application you have the option of selecting the best 3 out of 4 full-time years."

That's from the Dal Med Admissions website. It seems to me like you should be able to choose your preference!

I contacted admissions about this, and you can select the option that gives you the best overall GPA

Yeah that would make sense. It would've sucked if OP had 4th year as 3.3, which in that case he wouldn't have benefited with the option of calculating GPA based on 2 full consecutive years

Archived