Premed 101 Forums

What if I have absolutely no connection to maritimes?

I'm OOP, not rural (not sure if it matters) and never been to maritimes. But I would sure like to live there. Ocean with no earthquakes, scenic landscape, slower pace of life, beaches, can have a legit summer unlike Deadmonton, rich in history. I think I would like it but yea no connections. So what do I put in the connections section? Just not say anything?

I was told recently in another thread in this forum that if you don't mention anything for a maritime, they automatically deduct 4/10 on your 'mark' for your essay, so definitely put something in there.

Mention all those reasons about why you are attracted to the maritimes, and why you haven't been there (financial reasons). Convince them that it's beyond you wanting to get into medical school - you legitimately want to live on the east coast, maybe even beyond your schooling.

I'm OOP with no significant connections to the Maritimes and I interviewed there last year. For my essay, I didn't include any connections but talked about how I liked their new curriculum and how I'd fit in well.

Nothing really special... Just wrote about my extra-curriculars and why I wanted to do medicine. If you have any more questions, shoot me a PM!

Archived