Premed 101 Forums

Writing Help

Guest mmhs12345

Guest mmhs12345

So I need to get the highest possible mark in all my essay writing courses, I wrote this in another thread but it was not really answered. Well somewhat.

Does anyone have anytips on writing great essays? My essay writings skills are average, I need them to be A plus so I can get that 4.0 GPA NAHH MEAN!? yeahh boi. Any advice would be appreciated. Not regarding this grammar in this thread lol.

i used to write all my essays high as ****. thc works differently in everyone but for people like me it makes you able to think on a whole new level (completely serious)

so i guess the main point of my post is don't care about the technicalities (vocab, grammar, etc..) but write essays that actually sound like it had some thought put into it

I'm going to ignore the ignorant comment stated on the top half.

However, OP I would highly suggest you don't listen to that if you want to obtain a 4.0. Write properly, that means vocabulary and grammar need to be 100%. Profs will deduct marks for those things, and if you "don't care about it" then you will lose a lot of marks. f_d posted a perfect example in your previous thread. Go get a tutor.

Read. The best way to learn to write essays is to read a lot of them. Read good essays and terrible ones. Read articles in professional publications or from high grade news services to develop your vocabulary and learn a variety of styles.

Think about what you are reading, the author's points and support, their style and how they maintain a good flow and consistent tone. Look at their choice of words and their sentence structure. Think of how you could re-word things. Active reading is a great way to build your writing skills. Practicing a lot and having others critique you is also helpful.

Read. The best way to learn to write essays is to read a lot of them. Read good essays and terrible ones. Read articles in professional publications or from high grade news services to develop your vocabulary and learn a variety of styles.

Think about what you are reading, the author's points and support, their style and how they maintain a good flow and consistent tone. Look at their choice of words and their sentence structure. Think of how you could re-word things. Active reading is a great way to build your writing skills. Practicing a lot and having others critique you is also helpful.

I second this. The vast majority of people who struggle with writing also don't read enough. The two go hand in hand.

I'm going to ignore the ignorant comment stated on the top half.

However, OP I would highly suggest you don't listen to that if you want to obtain a 4.0. Write properly, that means vocabulary and grammar need to be 100%. Profs will deduct marks for those things, and if you "don't care about it" then you will lose a lot of marks. f_d posted a perfect example in your previous thread. Go get a tutor.

care to explain what is so ignorant about it?

• 3 weeks later...

Essay writing requires researching well on the topic. While researching on the essay topic, you will find some relevant information an about the essay. Collect the information and make an outline for the essay which would be helpful for writing the essay. The essay should contain the introduction, the body, and the conclusion. After writing the essay, you have to give the essay a good title. I also need one help... I am searching for the best mass media research topics for my next research work. I have found some, but need more ideas. Thank you

Most schools have really good resources to help you learn how to write essays. But like with everything else practice makes perfect!

As a side note, the comment about doing drugs while studying and essay writing....it never occurred to me that people may do that....but it explains SO MUCH. Like... SO. MUCH. Some of the essays I marked as a TA were so bad but not in the 'bad grammar' or 'weak argument' way but in the 'what the hell was this kid thinking' sort of way :P Drugs. Now I know.

i used to write all my essays high as ****. thc works differently in everyone but for people like me it makes you able to think on a whole new level (completely serious)

so i guess the main point of my post is don't care about the technicalities (vocab, grammar, etc..) but write essays that actually sound like it had some thought put into it

That's probably the worse advice I've seen on improving English essays.

I think most of the students essay writings skills are very average but they can improve it through proper practice...Recently i made a good health and medicine essay and i think it was not much difficult to write essays if we understood clearly about the topic we are using to write. The first thing in composing an essay is to figure out a subject and a perspective. Your essay’s perspective may be to convince people to discuss your values on the subject, it may try to describe how to finish a certain process, or it may try to get familiar or inform people about the subject. Or it could take a absolutely different strategy.

Every excellent essay should contain the following parts:

Outline of the topic

Introduction

Thesis

Body (Consist of 3-6 Paragraphs)

Conclusion

Archived