Premed 101 Forums

getting a 4.0 wouldn't have served me much in retrospect... i did get a 3.8 dealing with a perennial suicidal gf though, running god knows how many student groups/volunteering, working, partying hard, doing almost 50 courses in 4 years and around 42 in 3... worked in research... honestly... just get a decent competitive gpa 3.75+ and try and to learn how to learn and approach novel situations, othing you learn will be relevent in 20 years, and rote learning is extremely common, synthetic thinkers are more in high demand, i guess the intj mastermind type, which you typically see adhd people transpose into when they hyperfocus, or are put on ritalin i suppose... assuming you get past the numerous behavioral and experiential exclusion variables which cluster to predict traits congruent with middle class and/or upper class wage based professionals (such as doctors).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
getting a 4.0 wouldn't have served me much in retrospect... i did get a 3.8 dealing with a perennial suicidal gf though, running god knows how many student groups/volunteering, working, partying hard, doing almost 50 courses in 4 years and around 42 in 3... worked in research... honestly... just get a decent competitive gpa 3.75+ and try and to learn how to learn and approach novel situations, othing you learn will be relevent in 20 years, and rote learning is extremely common, synthetic thinkers are more in high demand, i guess the intj mastermind type, which you typically see adhd people transpose into when they hyperfocus, or are put on ritalin i suppose... assuming you get past the numerous behavioral and experiential exclusion variables which cluster to predict traits congruent with middle class and/or upper class wage based professionals (such as doctors).

I'd say get a 3.9+ to be safe nowadays, but a 3.75 to 3.8 is fine if you do well on the MCAT.

reading your posts is breathtakingly beautiful, never stop!

Archived