Premed 101 Forums

UWO Compressed-Time Frame Nursing- Program Structure

Lea_PT

I was just wondering if there are any current students in Western's compressed nursing program that can comment on the program structure.

a) How many times a week are clinical placements and how many hours

B) Are clinical placements only in the London area

c) How many hours of class each day/ how late into the day do classes run

d) Class size

• 1 month later...

a) clinical placements times depend on the semester but they tend to be 2-3 times per week for 8-12 hours (depending on the placement), however during this time nursing classes have finished (excluding exams) while science courses continue. This means you end up having around 24 hours of clinical/week with about 6 hours of class during the clinical period.

B) The clinical placements (as far as I know) have all been in London or within a half hour drive.

c) Like I said during clinical you only end up having 6 hours of class/week and sometimes no actually class (however you may be in an online class). Before clinical you are looking at around 20 hours of class/week, 4 hours of lab/week and an online class. Most of the classes begin in the morning and are finished late afternoon, I don't believe there are any 'night' classes.

d) 64 students are admitted into the program and all your nursing classes will be together. However online classes and science courses are with the UWO-Fanshawe program and have a few hundred students.

Hope this helps :)

Archived