Premed 101 Forums

Rules of the Housing/For Sale Forum (Please Read!)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

-----------------------

In response to all the Housing/For Sale/Want to Buy requests in the forums, I've created this forum dedicated solely to housing requests and sales of items. This should be useful for premed students looking for MCAT supplies or other items, and be particularly useful for med students looking for medical textbooks/equipment, or housing during away electives or the CaRMS season.

First, a few ground-rules:

1) By using this free service you recognize that Premed101.com and the EZBoard Premed101 forum can in no way be held liable for the accuracy of statements made by users of the service, or any losses or claims arising from transactions made by users of the service.

2) Buyer beware! Buyer beware! Buyer beware! Make the transaction in person if possible.

3) Keep track of ALL correspondence and contact information! You may need this should things turn sour, and you decide to take further action.

4) No dealers. If you are selling multiples of the same product, do your advertising elsewhere.

5) No illegal stuff. If you are selling pirated or otherwise illegal items, your postings will be deleted and you will be banned. Do not sell photocopies of copyrighted material. Similarly, if you are found to be ripping people off, you will be banned. I reserve the right to close down this forum if things ever get out of hand.

6) All items should have an asking price. This isn't an auction house. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Once your item has sold, please notify others by posting an update to your message.

7) Either post your email address for replies, or you can enable your EZBoard Inbox by going to the main screen, clicking on "My Control Center" (top left corner), clicking on "Account Preferences" (top middle of the screen), and then clicking on "Enable ezInbox" (scroll down to the bottom of the screen).

8) If you are advertising housing, make it look something like this:

Subject: Housing vacancy in Ottawa (May.1-June 30/03)

Specify location, type of housing (apartment, house), price in Canadian currency, contact information for yourself.

9) If you are putting stuff up For Sale (FS) or you Want To Buy (WTB) something, make it look like this:

Subject: WTB: MCAT Kaplan materials

Specify your location, a description/condition of what you want, price in Canadian currency, and contact information.

10) With all the technicalities above over and done with, I wish you all the best in finding or selling your stuff!

Ian

Archived