Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

I was just going to say....sooooo they're sending out invites after work hours? I doubt that.

No I'm sure it's legit. This happened last year too and I know for a fact that Admissions works extra hours. It was funny because last year everyone assumed e-mails stopped at 5pm and then they started to come in past that time and no one know when it was "safe" to no longer check their e-mail anymore, hah.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I'm sure it's legit. This happened last year too and I know for a fact that Admissions works extra hours. It was funny because last year everyone assumed e-mails stopped at 5pm and then they started to come in past that time and no one know when it was "safe" to no longer check their e-mail anymore, hah.

I figured it was some sort of internet/automated system-related delay in emailing or something. Especially since I know of people receiving invites from US schools at MIDNIGHT on a SUNDAY....lol

I figured it was some sort of internet/automated system-related delay in emailing or something. Especially since I know of people receiving invites from US schools at MIDNIGHT on a SUNDAY....lol

They were definitely in the office past 7pm tonight. Once I confirmed my invitation (received after 6pm), Leslie Taylor personally responded within 5 minutes. They kept sending out invites past that point as well given the 7:30ish invite on the boards.

No invites for March 29th or 30th yet, so fingers crossed for everyone still waiting! :)

Well rsun still you and me waiting. At least we have each other :P

(some classic Canadian rock)

All these March 2nd invites means there still a fair share to go out.

So far there are still more than 30 people on line everyday, that means we are not alone:p If invite comes at the end of March, that would be better for me as I 'm from the west coast.:P

I think you may have encouraged some applicants check their emails even more now. hah!

Same here! I don't know anyone else IRL applying or even considering med school, so it is super nice to hear from you all that you're also still waiting :)

Definitely still waiting! And anxiously, compulsively checking email. The weekend will be a nice relief because there'll be no point checking email.

Or will there?!? Haha who knows judging by how late they've been staying outside of normal work hours.

It appears they're still online sending out invites for the first week of March. So there's still ~160 left. I imagine they're staying late to get them out asap as the interview would be on the 2nd.

@Savac maybe they are planning on an extra weekend/day? ( I imagine it'd be an extra day not weekend. with 80 people/day they will be sitting at ~560 with the dates they already have) Enough math, back to studying for my midterms next week.

Nice to see some other people still waiting

It appears they're still online sending out invites for the first week of March. So there's still ~160 left. I imagine they're staying late to get them out asap as the interview would be on the 2nd.

@Savac maybe they are planning on an extra weekend/day? ( I imagine it'd be an extra day not weekend. with 80 people/day they will be sitting at ~560 with the dates they already have) Enough math, back to studying for my midterms next week.

I would argue that there are still quite a few March 2nd interviews to be sent out. At least 1/4 of them. I would say ~180 invites still left. Gives me hope..

Can you actually request this ahead of time even though you don't know whether you will receive one or not?

Of course you can request this! It's way easier for them from an administrative point of view. Interview conflicts can be tricky to fix, but this prevents the problem before it even happens.

I actually requested this last year as well (never received an interview, but it was good to know that I wasn't going to get a conflict)

It's possible, but it's wishful thinking unfortunately. It's best to assume the worst when it comes to med school admissions. :(

Archived