Premed 101 Forums

McGill 2014 interview invites?

RedLily

Thanks Slipstream :) Do you know if these friends were IP? I'm OOP, which is why I'm surprised there's a wait list in the first place. With about 50 interviews going out and about 10 accepted, I'm assuming the wait list is not too long. Not sure if that's a necessarily good thing, since I don't think a lot of people would decline interviews

Ah yes, that is a good point. I knew one guy who got an invite eventually from Western, so it is possible! Wait lists are the worst, but don't stress too much about it and try to enjoy the wait with all the other things you have going on.

By the way, congratulations on making it to the WL!! The McGill OOP list is insane and this means you had a very competitive application. Even if McGill doesn't pan out - this likely means you'll get invited everywhere else :)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have a "ready for review". I think we both know what that means (rejected) if its not "review pending" or "further review required". Hope you hear good news from other schools. Best of luck.

My application status still shows up as "Ready for Review", hopefully that doesn't lead to "refused" in the next couple of hours. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Ah yes, that is a good point. I knew one guy who got an invite eventually from Western, so it is possible! Wait lists are the worst, but don't stress too much about it and try to enjoy the wait with all the other things you have going on.

By the way, congratulations on making it to the WL!! The McGill OOP list is insane and this means you had a very competitive application. Even if McGill doesn't pan out - this likely means you'll get invited everywhere else :)

Thanks! I do count myself lucky to at least be wait listed. McGill is a fantastic school, and I'm sure people like you make it all the more amazing. Here's hoping that some of the invitees receive offers from schools in the States and don't come to the McGill interview :)

I also have a "ready for review". I think we both know what that means (rejected) if its not "review pending" or "further review required". Hope you hear good news from other schools. Best of luck.

You are right, status just updated, it's a "refuse". I thought I had a chance at McGill it's so hard to tell. Good luck to you as well!

Emails come out that same night when Minerva "refreshes", should be around 11:30PM or so (I think). That will contain the official letter and all the information you need!

Thanks! I am so excited. I honestly cannot believe my luck right now. It feels so unreal. I hope what I see on Minerva is what I think it is.

Congrats on those who have received invites, and best of luck for the interviews!

For those who have unfortunately received regrets, keep in mind that this does not mean you are not of caliber. McGill gets swamped by so many quality applicants each year, and the adcoms gets the very challenging task of deciding who to send invites to. As an encouragement, it took me two tries, and my persistence was rewarded.

Sceptical

Also interested in hearing this! McGill seems unique in a lot of ways...

I cannot comment on any specifics (none of us can as we signed a contract), but the McGill MMI is a largely actor-based MMI where the stations are based on specific scenarios you have to problem-solve in. I'd say if anyone has done Casper for Mac, the feel is similar in that the scenario is so real you don't have time to think about anything else. Hence, for McGill just be yourself. Channel all those experiences you have, everything that brought you to interview for Medical School and put that all into who you are that day. I realized that I had learned so much from my experiences and they allowed me to really be myself in a way that I didn't even realize I was capable of.

So no stress, no worries. We are organizing some fun events for you guys to get to meet our med class before the interview, and we want the interviews to go as smooth and released as possible :D.

I cannot comment on any specifics (none of us can as we signed a contract), but the McGill MMI is a largely actor-based MMI where the stations are based on specific scenarios you have to problem-solve in. I'd say if anyone has done Casper for Mac, the feel is similar in that the scenario is so real you don't have time to think about anything else. Hence, for McGill just be yourself. Channel all those experiences you have, everything that brought you to interview for Medical School and put that all into who you are that day. I realized that I had learned so much from my experiences and they allowed me to really be myself in a way that I didn't even realize I was capable of.

So no stress, no worries. We are organizing some fun events for you guys to get to meet our med class before the interview, and we want the interviews to go as smooth and released as possible :D.

Thanks for the reply!

Does anyone have an idea as to how many OOP were invited? The number of seats seems fixed but the number of OOP interviwees go up and down, changing the overall % of OOP interviewed that are eventually admitted from year to year...

Thanks for the reply!

Does anyone have an idea as to how many OOP were invited? The number of seats seems fixed but the number of OOP interviwees go up and down, changing the overall % of OOP interviewed that are eventually admitted from year to year...

Number of invites for OOP this year is 49 for 11 seats

Where did you find this info (is this for certain)? And do you know if joint degrees (MD-PhD & MD-MBA) is included in this number? Do they also have set sits for OOP?

we get that info from 'Regrets' email.

"On the basis of the pre-screening process described above, 49 of the original 848 candidates in your applicant category have been invited to interview. There are up to eleven (11) available seats in the first year class for Canadian Resident (outside QC) applicants."

Archived