Premed 101 Forums

Supplementary Application Assessment Fee

Since this is the first year with the supplementary application assessment fee I would like to triple check all my information, especially because I was not able to make it to the information session in November. I have already submitted my OUAC application and along with the standard OUAC fee of $135 and $12 for my transcript, there was a $85 supplemental fee. To confirm - is this the $85 supplemental application assessment fee or do I have to mail in an extra $85 cheque to McMaster? I believe that supplemental fee of $85 was the assessment fee that OUAC collects for McMaster, correct? If anyone could confirm, I would greatly appreciate it.

You have to pay both the supplemental application fee on OUAC AND mail in a cheque for $85. I was confused too because I thought I had paid the supplemental fees as part of my OUAC application but you have to pay them again. Same goes for U of T, you're required to pay via credit card for the application once you submit it online.

I applied last year as well and I had paid the $85 through OUAC, but last year they never mentioned anything about an assessment fee if I recall correctly (i.e. the OUAC $85 is part of the OUAC fee for applying to McMaster from my understanding). Therefore, I emailed the program today before I went to work, for clarification purposes:

Yes, as indicated on the PA Program website in addition to the fees paid through OUAC applicants must send a cheque or money order for $85 for their supplementary application assessment fee.

Thank you,

Physician Assistant Education Program

Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine

McMaster University | MDCL 2201

1280 Main Street West

Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1

Archived