Premed 101 Forums

U of M's GPA is calculated based on the last 60 credit hours, correct?

If so, my GPA, which is at 4.08, should be highly competitive given the current stats discussed here. Is this correct?

I guess I'm a bit confused, because I keep hearing how the PA program is just as competitive as medicine... I guess when people say that they are referring to volume of applicants and not so much the application quality?

Please share your thoughts!

Most likely 4.5.

Just to clarify, it was out of 4 (at least that's what we were told during orientation week). I'm guessing they converted it to the 4 b/c we have a lot of applicants who aren't from U of M. But, yea... 3.87/4.

As was stated earlier, they look at more than just grades. It really is a complete package. Best of luck everyone!

I haven't gotten an interview :( ...I emailed the school on Monday asking when they stopped giving out interviews, but haven't heard anything back. Good luck to everyone!

In the email U of M sent out when they received your application, they stated that interview invitations are sent out throughout the month of February. So those who haven't received interview invitations yet may still get one before the end of the month. At least, that's my understanding.

The timeline for MPAS admissions is:

November 30th: Deadline for application submission.

December and January: Application Review by Admissions Committee

February: Interview short list finalized.

We will contact all applicants who are selected for interview no later than the last working day in February. If you have not been contacted by that date, you have not been selected for interview and you will receive a letter from the Faculty of Graduate Studies office by the end of April.

Interviews take place over 1 full day during the first 2 weeks of March each year. Interview Day is from 7:30am - 5:00pm and includes Multiple Mini Interviews. Further details are provided to those who are invited for interview

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived