Premed 101 Forums

UofA Interview

Really? Where did you hear this? I was told all the interview invites go out on the same day.

My friend called the office Friday afternoon and that's what they told him. Maybe they got all the invitations out Friday . You would need to check with them on Tuesday morning.

haha man smile away. it specifically informs us that the picture will be used for IDs for us to wear in the interview. in fact, it would be pretty illogical not to smile considering that smiling gives a huge impression in interviews. even if its just a photo. my 2cents lol

Yeah, little did I know that picture was going to be used for my Alberta Health Services badge haha. Make sure they are good ones guys! And good luck!

Does anyone know what a competitive DAT summary would look like for an OOP applicant? I have a 3.97 GPA and 61/90 DAT and I'm trying to determine whether or not that is competitive enough. I got an invite for an interview but there are very few statistics that pertain to OOP applicants alone on their website.

I assume you saw this page:

http://www.dentistry.ualberta.ca/en/ProgramsAdmissions/Dentistry/DDSOverview/AdmissionStatisticsDDS.aspx

In 2012 - 0 OOP accepted and

in 2013 - 2 OOP accepted.

So very low nos for OOP!

Your GPA is great but your DAT is on the low side. If you ace the interview you might have a chance?? Just guessing...

Yes, I've seen that page. I wish they provided more information on how many OOP applicants they generally interview, and the average DAT/GPA of those applicants just to get a feel for the OOP applicant pool. Also, regarding my DAT score - the new soap was more challenging than I had anticipated. My RC and PAT are what saved me from having a completely terrible summary.

Check your messages kdr! :)

Archived