Premed 101 Forums

Does Western University offer any scholarship?

Guest qwertyy

Guest qwertyy

I'm sorry to post in this forum, but I honestly couldn't find a better place to post this.

Does Western University offer scholarship to undergraduate students if their GPA is high enough? If they do, is this automatic or application based?

Guest qwertyy
Yes they do. They offer in-course awards and also faculty awards. You don't need to apply, automatic consideration. You can get around 2500-3500 with those two combined.

based on %, yes. if your average is 90+ you're pretty much guaranteed at least SOME kind of award

there are also awards/scholarships you can apply for. just google "uwo awards", there are thousands of awards/scholarships

Thanks for the input!

I remember hearing this automatically awarded scholarship, but I couldn't really find it anywhere on their website :(

Guest qwertyy
Are you in first year? The earliest you can get those awards is the fall of second year.

Yes I am. Is it a guaranteed award as long as your average is in mid 90s?

Did you have over 95 coming in from high school? If you did you cannot get an in-course award. It shouldn't be that hard to get an award...

i actually didn't get any scholarships coming in :rolleyes: for my bare minimum ib score hah! it sounds like you know a few people with an in-course scholarship maybe even yourself :o much jealousy :P

i actually didn't get any scholarships coming in :rolleyes: for my bare minimum ib score hah! it sounds like you know a few people with an in-course scholarship maybe even yourself :o much jealousy :P

Hmm I'm shocked that you didn't get an in-course with a 90 average! There is a chance, however, that they only count certain courses into the avg calculation for awards purposes (just to even out the playing field). For example, for the faculty awards, I'm not sure if your electives are counted. Perhaps just the science foundation courses were counted. I'm assuming you're in faculty of science? Cause diff faculties have their own criteria for the awards.

Hmm I'm shocked that you didn't get an in-course with a 90 average! There is a chance, however, that they only count certain courses into the avg calculation for awards purposes (just to even out the playing field). For example, for the faculty awards, I'm not sure if your electives are counted. Perhaps just the science foundation courses were counted. I'm assuming you're in faculty of science? Cause diff faculties have their own criteria for the awards.

my electives lowered my average, so i would be sitting at a slightly higher average just with the science foundation courses. there must be really high- achieving folks out there in our faculty/program :rolleyes:

anyways for our OP, it seems to me that the criteria for in-course award are quite up there! :) good luck to you

Archived