Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

The Final Verdict:

Applied: UofA, UofT, Western, Mac, Queen's (all PT)

Accepted: UofA, Queen's

Waitlisted:

Rejected: Mac, UofT, Western

GPA: cumGPA: 3.68 subGPA: 3.72; 3.88 for UofA

My first choice is UofA and I've accepted their offer, so a spot should open up at Queen's!

Applied: UofT, Western, Mac, Queen's (PT)

Accepted: Queen's, Mac

Waitlisted: Mac (23), UofT (76), Western (upper third)

Rejected:

GPA: cumGPA: 3.75 subGPA: 3.87

Was all set to go to Queen's because I thought I had no shot at Mac with a 23 on the waitlist. But it happened!! So hang in there everyone who's waiting to hear back about a waitlist offer!! :)

Heading to Mac this fall :)

Rejected : western, Mac, queens pt

Accepted: UofT OT, haven't heard from western or queens ot

Wait list: UofT #44

Sub 3.8

Second year trying, best of luck to those who made it. Time to reinvent myself. Must have really bombed interviews since I've worked in pt clinics for 12 years. Oh well

Hey Tr RMT, congrats on the acceptance :) Maybe I will see you around in the fall!

INCASE ANYONE IS WONDERING...

#0 on the Mac waitlist is a technical glitch. I called Pamela Potts and she told me it's a glitch and in fact, I am number 23.

So for those who are #0, you might wanna give her a call!

Yikes! That's terrible. I'm #4 on that waitlist, so hope that number isn't a glitch...

Also just heard that I have been put on the waiting list for Queen's.

Applied to : UofA, Uoft, Western, Mac, Dalhousie, Queens and Ottawa (all OT)

Accepted: Queens

Rejected: UofA, Uoft, Western, Mac, Dalhousie

sub GPA: 3.34, cum GPA 3.1

Haven't heard from UofOttawa but I did have get interview there.

I'm only 24, and have been volunteering in hospital, rehab settings and for non-profit organisations since high school. I had amazing references and think that my essay was very so so. I know my GPA is very low for OT but my 5 yrs of work experience in the government and for a research center at McGill is probably what set me apart. I'm so excited to meet all you OT folks!!!!

For all those who apply with low gpas and little hope, just know that sometimes people can focus on other qualities apart from a stellar GPA!

Applied: Queen's, Western, U of T, Ottawa U (all OT)

Accepted:

Waitlist:

Rejected: Queens Western, and U of T.

I hope Ottawa replies back, I had the best chance there in the first place since I thought the interview went well. I am not surprised about Western and U of T saying no but for Queens I had experience working with sports teams at university as a student athletic therapist and volunteer work.

Are there other experiences I could do to boost my resume? I already completed my undergrad.

Applied: Queen's, Western, U of T, Ottawa U (all OT)

Accepted:

Waitlist:

Rejected: Queens Western, and U of T.

I hope Ottawa replies back, I had the best chance there in the first place since I thought the interview went well. I am not surprised about Western and U of T saying no but for Queens I had experience working with sports teams at university as a student athletic therapist and volunteer work.

Are there other experiences I could do to boost my resume? I already completed my undergrad.

No idea, i just checked and i met both gpa requirements and my app is strong with great references but no dice

Applied: U of M, U of A, McMaster, Western, Queens, Dalhousie (All OT)

Accepted: U of M, Dalhousie, Queens

Waitlisted:

Rejected: Mcmaster, Western

GPA: (cum and sub if you applied to any University using them both) Cum: 3.58 Sub: 3.72

Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted to the schools of your choice!