Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Applied: McGill OT Accepted: McGill OT Rejected: Sub GPA: 3.55   So excited to meet everyone in the fall and to make the big move to Montreal from Ontario!!

Is it just me or does it look like people who relatively lower GPAs were accepted to Queen's, whereas people with high GPAs were rejected? Is it because Queen's looks more at the personal questions?

I just copied this thread from last year; it was cool to see the competition and have any questions answered:   In preparation for the big day I'm starting this thread in hopes everyone will share t

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone- I just wanted to post my stats now that I've been accepted for applicants for the upcoming cycle! I know I personally found seeing where I stood in comparison to students from the previous cycle to be very helpful in the application process. 

Applied: Dalhousie OT
Accepted: Dalhousie (off the waitlist)
GPA: subGPA 3.77 (4.3 scale)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: No essay or interview for Dalhousie- one reference was my undergraduate research supervisor and the other was the department chair for my major- both wrote very strong references. I was a Nova Scotia applicant. 

I believe the reason I did not get accepted in the first round was my GPA. Hopefully this helps those of you who might be applying this year with similar averages- there is definitely a chance that you will be accepted! :)

• 3 months later...

I am applying for the 2015/2016 year as well. i am in my final year and will be graduating june 2015. Am applying to UWO, McMaster,UofT and McGill. I will have an sub GPA after my finals in decenber then i will update this post. I wish everyone who is applying all the best. I hope we get in. See you in Physio school next year.  I cannot wait. 

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Applied: Mac OT, Western PT
Accepted: Mac OT
Waitlisted: Western PT (lower end of waitlist 120-180)
cGPA (OMSAS): ~3.7

subGPA (OMSAS): 3.85

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

• Western required a personal statement (PS) and two letters of recommendation (LOR), no interview. For the PS, they asked three questions, of which I think one answer was strong, and the other two were really weak. LORs were also really weak. No PT experience at all. 
  • For Mac, I did not have a stellar interview. I thought it was mediocre.

Can't wait to meet the other Mac OT students! :)  

• 3 years later...