Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

11 more days until 'Judgement Day'. Anticipation of recieving an e-mail from the Universities is killing me. Hoping to get in either Mac or Queens *keeping fingers crossed*

Good luck! I hope you get into both :)

I cannot wait until next Friday. I have been so stressed with all this waiting.

Such an emotionally charged week!

Yes it's going to be an emotional roller-coaster throughout the week. It's to my understanding that rejecting e-mails could be sent before Friday. I was looking at last years forum and that's what I discovered. But all remaining waitlist/rejection/acceptance e-mails will all be sent on Friday. Best of Luck

Applied: U of M, U of A, McMaster, Western, Queens, Dalhousie (All OT)

Accepted: U of M, Dalhousie

Waitlisted:

Rejected: Mcmaster

GPA: (cum and sub if you applied to any University using them both) Cum: 3.58 Sub: 3.72

I have not made my decision yet regarding the two schools I have been accepted too; however, it will be one of these schools. If I get offers from other schools, I will be rejecting them.

Good luck to everyone!!

Hey - just wondering if you could tell me when you heard from UofM? I thought we weren't supposed to hear until the 16th or so.

Although hearing that the GPA cut off for an interview was around 3.58 makes me think that I should have been offered a spot, but wasn't.

Oh well. I am extremely happy about the schools I did get offers too. :)

The cut-off for an OT interview at McMaster this year was 3.63.

The cut-off for an OT interview at McMaster this year was 3.63.

Wasn't that the first round cutoffs? It might have dropped a few points after people rejected their interview offers. Last year the first round cut off was 3.61 and dropped down to 3.58.

Hey, I will be applying to PT next year with a sub-GPA of 3.74 and a cGPA of 3.54. I was wondering if someone could tell in which schools I would have a chance to get in

Thank you

Not sure about other schools but unfortunately won't get you into McMaster, U of T, or Western.

Hey, I will be applying to PT next year with a sub-GPA of 3.74 and a cGPA of 3.54. I was wondering if someone could tell in which schools I would have a chance to get in

Thank you

You meet the cut offs for queen's physical therapy. Judging by the trends, you may not receive interviews for Toronto or Mac, as the entrance this year was 3.76 and 3.78 respectively, and has been increasing each year. I would suggest volunteering and employment, as well as extraordinary reference letters, which queen's takes into account as much as marks. However, with your gpa and no extracurriculars or employment, you're unlikely to receive admission at queens

Wasn't that the first round cutoffs? It might have dropped a few points after people rejected their interview offers. Last year the first round cut off was 3.61 and dropped down to 3.58.

Ooh, you're right. 3.63 was the first cut-off for interviews (for OT at McMaster). I'm not sure how much it dropped this year after people rejected their offers to interview.

Ooh, you're right. 3.63 was the first cut-off for interviews (for OT at McMaster). I'm not sure how much it dropped this year after people rejected their offers to interview.

I heard that a lot of people just didn't show up for Sunday interviews even though they'd confirmed they were coming :s

I got it too :( Even though I didn't want to go to Queens, I'm still disappointed.

"Your application to the Master of Science Program in Physical Therapy at Queen’s University has received careful consideration; however, I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission.

The academic cut off for the cumulative grade point average (Cum-GPA) for all years of University study this year was 2.89 and the grade point average for the most recent ten full course credits of undergraduate University education (Sub-GPA) was 3.57. If either your Cum or Sub-GPA were below these values and/or you did not meet the prerequisite course requirements your admissions application would not have been further assessed by the committee. If you did meet the above criteria, the combined assessment of your academic and personal qualities was insufficient to secure an offer of admission or a position on the waitlist.

Thank you for the effort you have made in applying to Queen’s University. In view of the large number of applicants to our program, committee members are not able to provide written appraisals of individual applications.

We acknowledge the hard work and effort that you have put into your application. I hope that you will consider re-applying next year."