Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

What did the email say?

May 14, 2014

Dear _________

Your application to the Master of Science Program in Physical Therapy at Queen’s University has received careful consideration; however, I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission.

The academic cut off for the cumulative grade point average (Cum-GPA) for all years of University study this year was 2.89 and the grade point average for the most recent ten full course credits of undergraduate University education (Sub-GPA) was 3.57. If either your Cum or Sub-GPA were below these values and/or you did not meet the prerequisite course requirements your admissions application would not have been further assessed by the committee. If you did meet the above criteria, the combined assessment of your academic and personal qualities was insufficient to secure an offer of admission or a position on the waitlist.

Thank you for the effort you have made in applying to Queen’s University. In view of the large number of applicants to our program, committee members are not able to provide written appraisals of individual applications.

We acknowledge the hard work and effort that you have put into your application. I hope that you will consider re-applying next year.

Maybe even as soon as midnight!

I think everyone will be getting an email by 1230AM Tomorrow. There may be some delays due to the massive send-off but I am sure if you stay up tonight you will recieve an e-mail in the early hours of tomorrow morning. The wait is killing me. just over 14 hours until the earlist offers/rejections are known

I got the queens reject letter as well. Apparently working 12 years in a physio clinic and a 3.8 don't cut it lol. I flunked out 15 years ago and those grades still counted so my CumGPA is what got me. My Hk degree sub 3.8 cum 3.67 but that I had 1.5 from the first time I went. Hoping for Mac and UofT. 3.8 not likely gonna cut it for western. Good luck to all

I got the queens reject letter as well. Apparently working 12 years in a physio clinic and a 3.8 don't cut it lol. I flunked out 15 years ago and those grades still counted so my CumGPA is what got me. My Hk degree sub 3.8 cum 3.67 but that I had 1.5 from the first time I went. Hoping for Mac and UofT. 3.8 not likely gonna cut it for western. Good luck to all

I agree; I don't have as much experience as you but I did feel that I had "above expectations" type of experience. I thought Queens would favour those with experience and that would be reflected in our personal statements. One positive to take from this is applicants who posted on last years forums rarely got accepted into Queens and UofT/Mac/Western. Goodluck.

Any of you guys considered McGill?? I got in at Université de Sherbrooke (French) and it looks like it's a bit easier here in Quebec for PT and OT than elsewhere in Canada...

Hey would you mind telling me what your cGPA was?

Also you are doing a bachelors in PT and then a masters in PT right .. the continuum baccalaureate-maitrise?

Yes, that's right it's a continuum... My GPA is 4.12 on 4.3 (in Quebec, or GPA is on 4.3, so I guess it would be about 3.82 on 4.0)... I'm an adult applicant, did a bachelors and a masters 12 years ago, so my cummulative GPA is around 3.6 on 4.3 and got in right away in PT in Sherbrooke, Laval and Montreal (choose Sherbrooke)... I also know that at I would've gotten in at McGill (a friend of mine did with a lower GPA than mine)..

Yes, that's right it's a continuum... My GPA is 4.12 on 4.3 (in Quebec, or GPA is on 4.3, so I guess it would be about 3.82 on 4.0)... I'm an adult applicant, did a bachelors and a masters 12 years ago, so my cummulative GPA is around 3.6 on 4.3 and got in right away in PT in Sherbrooke, Laval and Montreal (choose Sherbrooke)... I also know that at I would've gotten in at McGill (a friend of mine did with a lower GPA than mine)..

Oh ok sweet, congrats.

I applied to Montreal, still waiting on an answer tho

I agree; I don't have as much experience as you but I did feel that I had "above expectations" type of experience. I thought Queens would favour those with experience and that would be reflected in our personal statements. One positive to take from this is applicants who posted on last years forums rarely got accepted into Queens and UofT/Mac/Western. Goodluck.

So basically I have no chance lol? Thanks for the vote of confidence jeesh

So basically I have no chance lol? Thanks for the vote of confidence jeesh

I did a double take on that comment as well. I think what they meant though is that in the past people who got into queens did not get into the other three schools and people who got into one of the other three did not get in to queens. Meaning to say that if you did not get into queens maybe it is a sign you will get into Mac or Toronto.

Anyhow good luck. Only a few more hours until we know!

I think they come by email first for sure and then some may send a formal letter in the mail.

Anyone know if I am right in thinking that UofT sends emails at midnight tonight?

Last year Western and UofT sent them around midnight. I think Mac did too. GOOD LUCK!!