Premed 101 Forums

Decision Letters 2014

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha- same here. What's everyone been doing to pass the time? I'm a non-traditional applicant that works full-time, so that definitely helps take my mind off of it.

I work full-time as well but find myself constantly checking the boards once I complete a minor task...I think of it as a reward :P

The Olympics were a great distraction though :D

Haha- same here. What's everyone been doing to pass the time? I'm a non-traditional applicant that works full-time, so that definitely helps take my mind off of it.

I'm also a non-traditional applicant and I work full time in a non-medical field. I find that I'm so anxious waiting for this news that its really a major distraction! Trying my best to not check the message boards every ten minutes! Haha. The Olympics really were a great distraction.....if only they continued for another week! ;)

I'm working on finishing up my Master's. Between the Olympics and checking the forum every 5 minutes, I got no work done last week at all.

Here's hoping for productivity and good news!

I told myself I wouldn't compulsively refresh the forum this year, but here I am. I was doing so well until last week.

I have a feeling the admissions decisions won't be out until at least a week after the CaRMS match day - which is the 5th of March. Their office is pretty busy that week.

Unacceptable!

Just kidding. Here's hoping they're all ready to go, and all they need to do is flip a switch on the website next week!

I have a feeling the admissions decisions won't be out until at least a week after the CaRMS match day - which is the 5th of March. Their office is pretty busy that week.

CaRMS match day was March 5th last year as well and admission decisions were released two days later on the 7th. I'm hoping that we'll hear on the 7th (a Friday) as well, but I'm not expecting the 5th :)

Hey everyone,

Your AAMS reps did meet with the admissions office ladies today. As Emma stated below, there is no exact date projected for the release of the letters this year, but they did say the plan is to have them out for mid-March. I can tell you for sure - they will NOT be out next week. I know, it's zero fun not knowing the release date, but last year they didn't go by their original date anyway - so just take comfort in the fact that in about two weeks (give or take a few days) you will have an answer!

There was one thing we discussed today that we thought everyone should know. In order to view your acceptance letter you will need your Dalhousie ID number - this number starts with B00 (followed by 6 more numbers). When you get your decision e-mail, you will be asked to click on a link that link will take you to a page where you will have to put in your ID number and your e-mail address. Once you do this - your letter will begin downloading to your computer. Take it from us, this only takes about 2 mins... but it feels like it takes an hour. It best to have your B00 number handy, so that you don't have to waste time looking for it when the e-mail comes. Anyway, we just wanted to inform you all of the process, so none of you end up too panicked when the e-mails come out!

GOOD LUCK! We can't wait to hear about all of your acceptances and meet the class of 2018! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Hey everyone,

Your AAMS reps did meet with the admissions office ladies today. As Emma stated below, there is no exact date projected for the release of the letters this year, but they did say the plan is to have them out for mid-March. I can tell you for sure - they will NOT be out next week. I know, it's zero fun not knowing the release date, but last year they didn't go by their original date anyway - so just take comfort in the fact that in about two weeks (give or take a few days) you will have an answer!

Haha, zero fun is right! I had an email from Dal the other day, but it turned out to just be an Alumni Newsletter.....nearly gave me a heart attack though!! At least now I won't stress each day next week with this knowledge. Thanks for the heads up and also the info on the banner ID. That will be really handy once the email finally does come through.

Happy Waiting everyone!

How's everyone holding up?

I've had this terrible anxious feeling in my stomach all week...can't wait for the wait to be over soon!! :)

Relatively calm. Even though the AAMS rep said they definitely won't be out this week, my heart can't help but skip a beat every time an email notification pops up on my phone.

Oh haha, I thought you WERE the AAMS rep. Might I ask where you got the information you posted above? I'm assuming a Facebook page?

It was posted on the 'Ask A Med Student - Dalhousie Class of 2018' Facebook page :) .

I'm still hoping for a Friday release regardless...I did a little searching (too much time on my hands) and found:

2011 -- CaRMS Match Day: March 7; Decisions released: March 7

2012 -- CaRMS Match Day: March 6; Decisions released: March 5

2013 -- CaRMS Match Day: March 5; Decisions released: March 7

Fingers crossed :P

It was posted on the 'Ask A Med Student - Dalhousie Class of 2018' Facebook page :) .

I'm still hoping for a Friday release regardless...I did a little searching (too much time on my hands) and found:

2011 -- CaRMS Match Day: March 7; Decisions released: March 7

2012 -- CaRMS Match Day: March 6; Decisions released: March 5

2013 -- CaRMS Match Day: March 5; Decisions released: March 7

Fingers crossed :P

Fingers crossed here as well. Isn't CaRMS matching handled by their own website anyway?

Fingers crossed here as well. Isn't CaRMS matching handled by their own website anyway?

I think you're right, I really don't see how the two are connected for Dal Admissions, i thought CaRMS was a separate system. But I really don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

I'm still checking my email and this feed multiple times a day....my nerves are ok for now, but not knowing when decision letters will be released is killer!

Archived