Premed 101 Forums

Decision Letters 2014

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried to stay away from this forum but I cant...another day of waiting begins.. GOOD luck everyone!!

I hear ya RedDragon11. I find weekends and evenings easy to get through but as soon as I get to my desk on Monday morning I can't think of anything else but admissions letters! It'll be another day of routinely refreshing this page for me! I really hope that they are kind to us and release them early in the week...

I'm going to bet we won't hear anything until Wednesday at the earliest. Today is 99.9999% out in my mind, but I'll happily eat my hat if I'm wrong.

As much as I hate to admit it I think you're right. My brain knows it, but my stomach and nerves haven't clued in....unfortunately it's going to be yet another week on high-alert!!

Here's a question that someone might be able to answer: if you're accepted, do you still get to know your score? Not that it matters - more curious than anything. I know last year they were putting the composite score for rejected/WL'ed applicants on the actual decision letters.

I agree Ardorous, it is not today. Too many ppl are still not decision made

Just so you all know, mine didn't say decision made until well after I was accepted and had already paid my deposit. I'm not telling you this so that you'll go crazy thinking it may be today, but rather to highlight that there is no point in trying to figure out when it will be. The only people who know for sure have already made it pretty clear that they're not going to divulge anything. I'd try and find a distraction if I were you!

Good luck!

Just so you all know, mine didn't say decision made until well after I was accepted and had already paid my deposit. I'm not telling you this so that you'll go crazy thinking it may be today, but rather to highlight that there is no point in trying to figure out when it will be. The only people who know for sure have already made it pretty clear that they're not going to divulge anything. I'd try and find a distraction if I were you!

Good luck!

Yeah, people definitely shouldn't read too much into the status. I've been wait listed and rejected in the past, and my status was "Incomplete items outstanding" right up to the decisions in both cases (I'm not sure if it ever changed after the letters went out, as I stopped checking). I've never seen decision made on my application before, but I definitely haven't concluded that it means any different outcome than my last two experiences. I only say it to highlight that, in the past, the application status field has not been a reliable predictor of the outcome.

I guess this is just what happens when you put a group of analytical people in a chat room....we all look for clues everywhere! Even though we're no closer to finding out the dates by speculating it still makes me feel better to know that it's not just me going through all of this. And it gives me a place to talk about it without driving my family and friends nuts!!

I guess this is just what happens when you put a group of analytical people in a chat room....we all look for clues everywhere! Even though we're no closer to finding out the dates by speculating it still makes me feel better to know that it's not just me going through all of this. And it gives me a place to talk about it without driving my family and friends nuts!!

Hahaha exactly!

Probably the biggest indicator to me that the Applicant Status thing is meaningless in the grand scheme of things is that no one (or, at least, very few) has mentioned it in previous years. I'm sure there were just as many neurotic people as us in the past, and someone would have noticed for sure! :D

I'm starting to get really anxious about waiting (and I know I can speak for everyone). For those who do not have decision made try and keep us updated if your status changes so we can know they are making some sort of progress, bc obviously they are not going to send out decisions until everyone has decision made.

Archived