Premed 101 Forums

McMaster PA Application Cycle 2014

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone heard back from mcmasters PA program, one of my friend already heard back and wasn't accepted, just wanted to know if they send out all rejections first and then acceptances?

Has anyone else out there received a rejection? If so, when was it sent?

Nevermind hope2bmd,

I searched your other posts and read your credentials. You've high chance of getting in this year. Anyway good luck. Between I saw your previous post that you were denied MMI 2 times in past. Did mcmaster put you on waiting list during any of those 2 times?

Congratulations, Good luck. If you don't mind could you please share you credentials?

Got rejection email today but on interview wait list. Not very hopeful as I can't imagine applicants turning down interview.

Gpa 3.71.... Previous healthcare experience as a chiropractor.

Anybody else with similar stats get rejected?

I interviewed last year for pa and was rejected ( no wait list). My cgpa from undergrad is 3.61. But I also have completed a masters degree in cognitive science with straight a's. Don't know if it helps. I volunteered at hospital for 4 years and worked at several clinics: telemedicine walk in, family doctors office, nurse practitioner assistant and mental health hospitals( over past 3 years).I also teach first aid and cpr. I have research experience 2 publications and lots of community involvement. Combined I feel like I have a good shot but you never know. I will also be interviewing for nosm for a 4th time this year. Interviewed each time but never made wait list. Goodluck to everyone! We all deserve a spot for sure!

I am on the wait list as well, and I'm curious to see if anyone knows how many are on the wait list.

As for the chances of us getting an interview, I agree the chances of people declining the offer are slim. However, it's always possible that medical-school-hopefuls apply to PA school as a back up, so let's hope that they got in to med school! :)

Archived