Premed 101 Forums

McMaster PA Application Cycle 2014

First time applying and waitlisted as well. This question is directed towards those who may have applied last year and were waitlisted by Mac - are the chances very slim of getting an interview offer?

There are students currently in the program who were originally waitlisted for an interview. It's not the best situation to be in, but don't worry, there is still hope! They wouldn't make a wait list if they didn't expect it to move.

Hey guys!

Generally people do accept the Mac MMI offer, but there have been students in the past who have received an MMI invitation up to 2 days before (possibly due to a cancellation, freeing up a last minute spot for another prospective student). The interview invitations were based on a score from GPA and the supplementary application, although the final admission is heavily weighted on the MMI. Because of this, a late invitation to the MMI does not necessarily mean you have a decreased chance of getting into the program! Good luck!

I don't come on premed101 much, but if you want to keep up with what's going on in the PA program or have any small questions, you are welcome to follow me on twitter @sruttinger_PA

Cheers,

Steph

Physician Assistant Class of 2015

McMaster University

President of the McMaster Physician Assistant Student Association

Hi,

With regard to how the interview invitations were determined, are GPA and the supplementary application weighted to come up with the final score (i.e. for instance, 50% GPA and 50% supplementary application)? Or is it a more holistic process? Does anyone know the minimum and average GPA of those accepted? Thanks!

Hi,

With regard to how the interview invitations were determined, are GPA and the supplementary application weighted to come up with the final score (i.e. for instance, 50% GPA and 50% supplementary application)? Or is it a more holistic process? Does anyone know the minimum and average GPA of those accepted? Thanks!

I contacted the admissions office a few weeks ago regarding the scoring of applications. This is the response I received:

"Currently for interviews the weight is approximately 60% GPA and 40% Supplementary application and it is weighted approximately 40% GPA and 60% interview for admission offers."

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anita

Ps. I am still curious to know how many were waitlisted for the interview...

There are students currently in the program who were originally waitlisted for an interview. It's not the best situation to be in, but don't worry, there is still hope! They wouldn't make a wait list if they didn't expect it to move.

Very true! Unless they put everyone who didn't make the interview cut on waitlist...which I doubt. With 500 something applicants, it'd be a very long waitlist! I'm assuming you got in last year based on your username...were you on waitlist as well?

Hey guys!

Generally people do accept the Mac MMI offer, but there have been students in the past who have received an MMI invitation up to 2 days before (possibly due to a cancellation, freeing up a last minute spot for another prospective student). The interview invitations were based on a score from GPA and the supplementary application, although the final admission is heavily weighted on the MMI. Because of this, a late invitation to the MMI does not necessarily mean you have a decreased chance of getting into the program! Good luck!

I don't come on premed101 much, but if you want to keep up with what's going on in the PA program or have any small questions, you are welcome to follow me on twitter @sruttinger_PA

Cheers,

Steph

Physician Assistant Class of 2015

McMaster University

President of the McMaster Physician Assistant Student Association

How did people prepare on such short notice? To be honest, this is all very new to me. How should one prepare for a McMasters MMI? Something tells me it's nothing like a job interview...

Archived