Premed 101 Forums

Pre-dental day at Case Western in Cleveland, Ohio :)

Hi everyone. My name is Jacob (jxk691@case.edu) and I'm currently in 2nd year dental student at Case Western Reserve University.

Our school is hosting a pre-dental day in which the participants will get to do all the hands on stuff that goes on with dentistry. You will get to drill teeth, do wax ups, and a few other things.

I was actually a pre-med going to Life Sci at U of T in 2007, but after attending Life Sci first year, I then switched to Paramedicine at UTSC, but it definitely was not what I had thought it would be. Then I transferred to UWO for Bio and after doing a lot of shadowing in both medical and dental fields, I decided to apply to dental schools in US and got in.

I think this pre-dental day is a great opportunity for everyone. In most cases, medicine or dentistry may not exactly be what you think it would be. In my opinion, you will never know completely until you're a practicing physician or a dentist. So the best you can do is to get as much exposure as possible. I understand that it may be quite difficult to come all the way to Cleveland, but I take greyhounds quite often so you can ask me how to get here (it is about 8 hr greyhound trip and costs $55 round trip). The following contains more information.

Case Western will be hosting a pre-dent day April 5-6. This is a two day event meant to expose pre-dental students to a little of what dental school and the dental profession is like. Many of these sessions will be lead by current dental students, giving pre-dental students a chance to gain a more personal understanding of dental school life. Some of the events we will include are:

Making impressions and stone casts

Performing class I preparations (drilling teeth as if removing a cavity)

Bleaching trays

Mock interviews

Waxing (making teeth from wax)

A tour of the facilities

A Q&A with students

The registration fee is $100 for non-members, and $50 for Case ASDA member. Payment can be sent through mail or online by at: http://dental.case.edu/asda/

A payment option is present on the right.

If interested, contact William Barber (awb74@case.edu)

Feel free to contact Will (He is the main person for this event. He can definitely tell you more about this event then I could) and also myself (jxk691@case.edu)

Hope to see you there :)

*The poster that I've included here did not come out well. So If you email me, I can send you the poster.

post-5706-140744795808_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone. My name is Jacob (jxk691@case.edu) and I'm currently in 2nd year dental student at Case Western Reserve University.

Our school is hosting a pre-dental day in which the participants will get to do all the hands on stuff that goes on with dentistry. You will get to drill teeth, do wax ups, and a few other things.

I was actually a pre-med going to Life Sci at U of T in 2007, but after attending Life Sci first year, I then switched to Paramedicine at UTSC, but it definitely was not what I had thought it would be. Then I transferred to UWO for Bio and after doing a lot of shadowing in both medical and dental fields, I decided to apply to dental schools in US and got in.

I think this pre-dental day is a great opportunity for everyone. In most cases, medicine or dentistry may not exactly be what you think it would be. In my opinion, you will never know completely until you're a practicing physician or a dentist. So the best you can do is to get as much exposure as possible. I understand that it may be quite difficult to come all the way to Cleveland, but I take greyhounds quite often so you can ask me how to get here (it is about 8 hr greyhound trip and costs $55 round trip). The following contains more information.

Case Western will be hosting a pre-dent day April 5-6. This is a two day event meant to expose pre-dental students to a little of what dental school and the dental profession is like. Many of these sessions will be lead by current dental students, giving pre-dental students a chance to gain a more personal understanding of dental school life. Some of the events we will include are:

Making impressions and stone casts

Performing class I preparations (drilling teeth as if removing a cavity)

Bleaching trays

Mock interviews

Waxing (making teeth from wax)

A tour of the facilities

A Q&A with students

The registration fee is $100 for non-members, and $50 for Case ASDA member. Payment can be sent through mail or online by at: http://dental.case.edu/asda/

A payment option is present on the right.

If interested, contact William Barber (awb74@case.edu)

Feel free to contact Will (He is the main person for this event. He can definitely tell you more about this event then I could) and also myself (jxk691@case.edu)

Hope to see you there :)

*The poster that I've included here did not come out well. So If you email me, I can send you the poster.

how long will it take to get there?? Im not sure many can afford to travel all the way down there lol

but thanks for sharing this! :)

Archived