Premed 101 Forums

Anybody else regret their rank order list?

I know there's nothing that can be done now, but I'm regretting ranking my #1 over my #2 choice. I felt so sure before the deadline and now I keep playing it back in my head. I feel so stupid. It's agonizing.

the equivalent of buyer's remorse(?) Not uncommon I think - since both are at the top of your list likely either one though would be an excellent school for you to end up in.

So I just wanted to post an update.

I did end up matching to my first choice and would not wish it any other way. I just didn't have the clarity of mind at the time. It's going to sound silly, but I basically fell HARD for a girl in the days following the rank order list deadline, and my 2nd choice meant I could remain in the same city as her. Somehow the emotions took over completely, and despite applying for one of the top 3 most competitive specialties, the worst scenario playing repeatedly in my mind was matching somewhere - namely my #1 choice - and having to move away from her (a 4 hour drive away). It was the worst possible timing. Looking at things more objectively now, I don't think it was meant to be between us anyway.

Chicks man.

I did end up matching to my first choice and would not wish it any other way. I just didn't have the clarity of mind at the time. It's going to sound silly, but I basically fell HARD for a girl in the days following the rank order list deadline, and my 2nd choice meant I could remain closer to her. Somehow the emotions took over completely, and despite applying for one of the top 3 most competitive specialties, the worst scenario playing repeatedly in my mind was matching somewhere - namely my #1 choice - and having to move away from her (a 4 hour drive away). It was the worst possible timing. Looking at things more objectively now, I don't think it was meant to be between us anyway.

Chicks man.

Lol.. ahaha....

I know the feels... similar thing happened with me. Fell for a California gurl shortly before rank deadline... Looking back now, wasn't meant to be :)

frigging chickas.....

I did end up matching to my first choice and would not wish it any other way. I just didn't have the clarity of mind at the time. It's going to sound silly, but I basically fell HARD for a girl in the days following the rank order list deadline, and my 2nd choice meant I could remain in the same city as her. Somehow the emotions took over completely, and despite applying for one of the top 3 most competitive specialties, the worst scenario playing repeatedly in my mind was matching somewhere - namely my #1 choice - and having to move away from her (a 4 hour drive away). It was the worst possible timing. Looking at things more objectively now, I don't think it was meant to be between us anyway.

Chicks man.

Haha, nice. Hindsight is always 20/20, as they say. I'm glad to hear things worked out for you, and that you had great success in the match.

Archived