Premed 101 Forums

how does UofC view 5th year?

I know for those graduating or who have already graduated, the worst year is dropped from the GPA calculation if they had 24 units or more in each of the years. However, how will UofC calculate GPA with an additional "5th" year?

I am currently doing a 5th year and will be graduating this year. I've had a full course load in all the years of study.

More than 2 full-time years = worst year dropped.

Source: section 2.5 of (PDF) http://wcmprod3.ucalgary.ca/mdprogram/files/mdprogram/ApplicantManual2013-2014updatedSept.pdf

Only if you have a degree or will be graduating this year. You need the degree/promise of degree to get the year drop. I am a 4th year, I took 5 courses each semester and they did not drop my worst year because I will not be graduating this year.

Only if you have a degree or will be graduating this year. You need the degree/promise of degree to get the year drop. I am a 4th year, I took 5 courses each semester and they did not drop my worst year because I will not be graduating this year.

Ahh, you're right, I can't believe I missed that!

How will they know if you are or not graduating this year?

How will they know if you are or not graduating this year?

If you're registered in courses between submitting your application and getting admitted, you have to send in an up-to-date transcript. Admittance is always conditional and they can withdraw it (if, e.g., you failed courses, misled them, etc.).

Archived