Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Discussion 2014

Guest LeCreuset
I can't stop watching the interview vid :P

To people who go to Western (so mainly ygella): Are there any organized tours of the campus after May 13? If not, how unofficial-tour-friendly is the place?

I'm an undergrad at Western. I'm not sure about organized tours but in terms of unofficial tours it's very friendly. None of the buildings are locked (Robarts excepted but you wouldn't really be touring there it's a research institute) before 5 and you can roam wherever you'd like. There are also no id checks anywhere and no parts of the library are restricted so you're free to roam.

^ and ^^

Campus is pretty easy to navigate. Also, you can try emailing Schulich and asking if a med student can give you a quick tour. A few students offered me personal tours, but for the Windsor campus.

So feel free to come over and check out the campus. Unless you are from Queens, then don't feel free.

I'm kidding :P ...

No I'm not...

lol

I would say Western is friendly for an unofficial tour in terms of accessibility to most places, but I would be careful about saying that it's super easy to navigate lol. Our campus is pretty large -- easily taking 10 minutes to walk across from one end to another. I think it's easy for us to forget our first year difficulties. Or perhaps I'm just exceptionally directionally challenged... :o

But then, everyone would be happy to help you find your way, and I wouldn't be surprised if the gym employees let you in to check it out if you asked nicely.

I just remembered that the Dean of your faculty of Health Sciences had to come to Western to deliver a lecture while wearing Western jerseys...

I just remembered sending your football team back to the bronies at our first Homecoming game since it was banned for being too rowdy...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived