Premed 101 Forums

The post-interview wait

I interviewed at Mac last year and I was super excited with what the two-person station was this year compared to last year. I thought the information session was somewhat less impressive than last year, though that may be because it was my second time around.

If you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to answer them :)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have absolutely no idea how to gauge my performance, though, and I'm worried that I was not able to include too many personal anecdotes to make my answers more unique.

You aren't the only one, most of my interview group expressed the same sentiment.

I thought that the stations covered a lot of interesting topics and overall I had a positive experience. I have absolutely no idea how to gauge my performance, though, and I'm worried that I was not able to include too many personal anecdotes to make my answers more unique. Really impressed by the school, I will definitely be giving it consideration if I'm fortunate enough to get an acceptance.

I don't think I mentioned specific personal experiences in any of my answers ... I can only think of one or two stations where I could have done so, but I felt like most stations were general/impersonal and that there wasn't much opportunity to incorporate personal experiences naturally into my answers... I hope that this lack of personal anecdotes doesn't reflect too negatively upon us!

Just be natural, if the question was made so that you could talk about personal experience, you probably would have done so.

I feel there was two stations that I may have talked about personal experiences. On the rest, it would have been really awkward and pushed to incorporate personal experiences.

Ya like everyone has said, minus when specifically asked about them, most of the other stations it would have probably seemed forced and also taken time away from answering the questions effectively to try and talk too much about personal experience. I think in contrast to a traditional interview, the MMI is less about your experiences and more about how you handle problems and your thought process.

Yah, I never understand why people are so focused on "making it personal". I think it sounds super awkward and kind of conceited (most of the time) when people insert their personal experiences into MMI questions, unless it is very obviously called for in the question. I only did if it was asked...

It's so nice to hear I wasn't the only one who felt that way! Going into the interview, people who I asked advice from kept stressing how important it was to include personal anecdotes but I really felt many of the station topics weren't closely related to a personal experience of mine so I just went with answering the question. I feel like less of a failure now knowing that I was not alone in thinking that haha.

hey guys, for the email we got today, what did you guys put as your omsas number? was it the six-digit number we got in our interview emails?

............what e-mail..............

should I be concerned that I didn't get one?

i interviewed this past Saturday,

i'm hoping that whoever got the e-mail interviewed the week before me?

............what e-mail..............

should I be concerned that I didn't get one?

i interviewed this past Saturday,

i'm hoping that whoever got the e-mail interviewed the week before me?

The email comes about a week after the interview, so dont panic just yet lol

Western's interview video being out, I'd like to highlight my favourite segment - their House homage making fun of McMaster's emphasis on VR :D

Well that was mean :(

Ironically, Western is the school that won't interview you without an 11 in VR unless you're swomen.

Guest LeCreuset
Calgary is another school that won't interview "non-local" students w/o a VR 11. I'd say what's truly insane about Western this year is the BS 12 requirement. That's quite ridiculously high.

Well seeing as the cutoffs for Western are set post-application these cutoffs merely represent the top 400-500 of the 2000 ish applicants Western get.

So it's not ridiculously high as these cutoffs aren't Western saying "we only want people with a 12 BS or 11VR" it's just what the applicant pool looks like.

Well seeing as the cutoffs for Western are set post-application these cutoffs merely represent the top 400-500 of the 2000 ish applicants Western get.

So it's not ridiculously high as these cutoffs aren't Western saying "we only want people with a 12 BS or 11VR" it's just what the applicant pool looks like.

I think what's meant is that they could have set cutoffs along the lines of 11/11/11 instead of 12/11, especially as nobody was expecting BS to go up to 12 this year.

I think what's meant is that they could have set cutoffs along the lines of 11/11/11 instead of 12/11, especially as nobody was expecting BS to go up to 12 this year.

Didn't mean to start a which system is better argument haha. Just commenting on the fact that the video chirps Mac's VR emphasis while for the past couple years Western has had the same if not more emphasis on VR as a requirement for interview.

Archived