Premed 101 Forums

The post-interview wait

worse than how i met your mother?

Side note, i think Seinfeld had the best ending of any show I've ever watched. So creative and unique.

Yes. While not my favorite way of ending it, the HIMYM finale may have worked if the series hadn't dragged on for so many seasons (just think about if you saw that at the end of 5 seasons, without as much hype and investment in The Mother - it's definitely plausible), and I've even seen some argue in favor of it entirely. The fact that it was planned that way from the beginning also helps. I have yet to meet anyone who didn't want to cry endless tears at the end of Dexter.

Also I definitely agree that Seinfeld was great, but Breaking Bad still takes the #1 spot for me :)

And since the conversation has gone wildly off topic...

OMG ONE MORE WEEK + ONE DAY LEFT GUYS #PANIC #INTERVIEWREGRETS #ANXIETY #WAITLISTISBETTERTHANNOTHING #IWANNABEAMACMED

etc. etc. ad nauseum

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. While not my favorite way of ending it, the HIMYM finale may have worked if the series hadn't dragged on for so many seasons (just think about if you saw that at the end of 5 seasons, without as much hype and investment in The Mother - it's definitely plausible), and I've even seen some argue in favor of it entirely. The fact that it was planned that way from the beginning also helps. I have yet to meet anyone who didn't want to cry at the end of Dexter.

Also I definitely agree that Seinfeld was great, but Breaking Bad still takes the #1 spot for me :)

And since the conversation has gone wildly off topic...

OMG ONE MORE WEEK + ONE DAY LEFT GUYS #PANIC #INTERVIEWREGRETS #ANXIETY #WAITLISTISBETTERTHANNOTHING #IWANNABEAMACMED

etc. etc.

#HASHTAG? Yeah, I did a good job of completely derailing the thread. I've got a volunteering shift Wednesday and the next time I go in, I'll know if I'll be in med school next year. Can't believe nearly a week of May's already done.

(Also really thinking I'll stop after the 4th season of Dexter but it's weird to stop halfway through a series. Might just read plot summaries) /derail

#HASHTAG? Yeah, I did a good job of completely derailing the thread. I've got a volunteering shift Wednesday and the next time I go in, I'll know if I'll be in med school next year. Can't believe nearly a week of May's already done.

Wow you're quick, you quoted me before my edits lol.

And yeah, I prefer this conversation now as opposed to the previously very cancerous one that threatened to turn us all into panic-ridden shells of human beings :)

Also, remember dat #waitlist ;)

Wow you're quick, you quoted me before my edits lol.

And yeah, I prefer this conversation now as opposed to the previously very cancerous one that threatened to turn us all into panic-ridden shells of human beings :)

Also, remember dat #waitlist ;)

Just chose the exact right time to check. Seems you returned the favour and caught me before my edit as well.

Like I mentioned earlier, a waitlist e-mail next Tuesday would be great. I'd know my interview wasn't complete **** and that's good enough.

Here's some things to help pass the time!

Last year's MacMedMusical:

The preview for this year's musical (a fantastic song):

The link to buy tickets for this year's musical (coming up on May 24th!): http://bit.ly/orangeismac

End of shameless promotion.

Woah, this is really cool. Is this theatre interest group made up of med students in all 3 years? It's amazing that you guys have the time to do this!

week-left.jpg

Eww. Going back off topic, I realized I forgot to mention that the end of season 4 of Dexter is a bit of a cliffhanger. My friends reminded me that it may actually not be the best place to leave a series...but meh, up to you I guess lol. Fair warnings have been given :)

Woah, this is really cool. Is this theatre interest group made up of med students in all 3 years? It's amazing that you guys have the time to do this!

Only first years (like many interest group positions at McMaster). And having the time for this kind of stuff during pre-clerkship at McMaster is definitely one of the perks of Mac. Most of the Med schools have some kind of musical / performance every year though.

Only first years (like pretty much all interest group positions at McMaster). And having the time for this kind of stuff during pre-clerkship at McMaster is definitely one of the perks of Mac. Most of the Med schools have some kind of musical / performance every year though.

Oh, is this just because after first year, people get too busy traveling around doing rotations to be able to keep up with interest groups?

Oh, is this just because after first year, people get too busy traveling around doing rotations to be able to keep up with interest groups?

Gonna have to contradict notapplicable here. IGs have people from multiple years although generally people have an idea of what they want to go into ergo the surg gunners no longer show up to the internal events. People do have less time however so they do choose events more discriminately as well.

I know this is highly premature but I have a ton of stuff I will need to coordinate this summer regardless of what happens with the application process, so I was just wondering if anyone knew when O-week (which I'm assuming is the first week matriculants would need to be in Hamilton) will be this year, or alternatively when it was last year.

Thanks

Gonna have to contradict notapplicable here. IGs have people from multiple years although generally people have an idea of what they want to go into ergo the surg gunners no longer show up to the internal events. People do have less time however so they do choose events more discriminately as well.

Yeah k, my mistake there. In terms of attending events there's definitely always people from every year, so people will always keep up with IGs in that sense. I meant more for Chair positions on IGs, where it does admittedly vary a bit from IG to IG, but there are some where the people actually running the events are mostly first years.

Getting on committees and student council spots on the other hand happens during first year. But yeah, a lot of major opportunities to get involved are for first years since by end of November 2nd year you're in clerkship, so it's harder to work as many other things into your schedule.

Archived