Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisted

Timmy

flu shots are a given, but the faculty takes care of that in the fall.

An update on your MMR or a tetanus booster are likely less important. Same for HepB titres since you almost certainly have no real risk of contracting HepB in the ambulatory setting. I dunno. I still wouldn't get anticipatory vaccines or blood work.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks everyone!!!

Omg this is a dream come true!!! I cried like a baby when I randomly went on minerva for the 5th time of the day and saw "admitted with condition".

But I cant accept yet because Im from mcgill...does anybody know what I have to do?

Awww! I'm totally going to cry like a baby when I get accepted one day. I'm so happy for you, congrats!

I will confirm that YOU DO need everything ready! The full immunization and CPR certification (the lady from admissions told me a few weeks ago).

You might as well do it. BUT if you don't have everything ready by the deadline that is fine. Many people in our class didn't have it ready and they were allowed to finish it up past the deadline. The key is that you've started on it before the deadline, you don't need to have it 100% but that's preferred

It's confusing because admissions will tell you that you need to need to, but that's just because this is because it's very important and they want you to have it done :).

It's confusing because admissions will tell you that you need to need to, but that's just because this is because it's very important and they want you to have it done :).

This is exactly it. They give you 'hard' deadline but when that date has come and (long) gone and you're still getting e-mails about completing immunizations and registering for who knows what, you come to realize that deadlines don't mean that much (at least not in the first 2 years). It's very difficult to get the red flag of unprofessional conduct. you kind of get cradled through the process and no one gets left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone just told me he got off the waitlist ROQ-U category. So fingers crossed for those who are still on the waitlist!

EDIT:I think there were actually at least 3-4 ppl who got accepted off the roq-u waitlist yesterday. For those still on the waitlist, don't lose help!

accepted from the ROQ-U IP waitlist! don't lose hope guys, I had 52 credits before applying to mcgill, had a 27.692 Rscore Pre-req science in CEGEP, was waitlisted pre-interview, got the interview a month later, got waitlisted post-interview, and just got an offer a month later. ANYTHING can happen, really.

Congratulations!!

accepted from the ROQ-U IP waitlist! don't lose hope guys, I had 52 credits before applying to mcgill, had a 27.692 Rscore Pre-req science in CEGEP, was waitlisted pre-interview, got the interview a month later, got waitlisted post-interview, and just got an offer a month later. ANYTHING can happen, really.

• 3 years later...
On 6/13/2014 at 10:56 AM, Premedtion14 said:

This is such a great success story. Makes me have hope. Loool.  

Archived