Premed 101 Forums

May 15th Countdown Thread!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GPA well below the average. Unfortunately, only so many individuals at the lower spectrum get in. If their GPA was ~85% they would have been golden!

I don't know about that...his TFR is almost 10 points higher than the average BC interviewee. Seems absurd.

I don't know about that...his TFR is almost 10 points higher than the average BC interviewee. Seems absurd.

Which is why I think there is something funny going on, either with the posted stats or a red flag. If you look, that person posted nearly identical stats last year.

Not that they aren't qualified.

Unfortunately NAQ isn't heavily weighted in the final decision while GPA is. Thus, TFR score can essentially go down the drain after the interview. GPA and interview take the cake (pending letters of rec and other red flags, of course).

I'm not saying 85% GPA is competitive as it is still below average but being in that range with an above average interview should bode well.

Unfortunately NAQ isn't heavily weighted in the final decision while GPA is. Thus, TFR score can essentially go down the drain after the interview. GPA and interview take the cake (pending letters of rec and other red flags, of course).

We don't know how things are weighted post interview.

From the posts, we see that even with high AQ & NAQ, if the interview score is low, rejection is the result.

And with above average interview and low GPA, rejection is the result. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which aspects are weighted the heaviest.

And with above average interview and low GPA, rejection is the result. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which aspects are weighted the heaviest.

I don't think our sample size is big enough to determine that. And that doesn't account for red flags, etc...

Archived