Premed 101 Forums

May 15th Countdown Thread!

Oh. I had a prof like that. We had lay translation assignments that in total was worth 40% of our final grade. On the first assignment I got a 60% and for some unfathomable reason, I got a 95% on the second assignment. So I was like.. uhmm what happened here? Oh well, I'll gladly take it!

My exam today is for an Chemistry interest course. Although I haven't been really paying much attention this semester so that's kind of burning me now haha. How's exam prep coming for you?

Okay! Kinda overdid it last night and stayed up too late, feeling it now. Just a final pass through the material now, and in 3 hours, I'm done!! (Hopefully with undergrad forever!)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay! Kinda overdid it last night and stayed up too late, feeling it now. Just a final pass through the material now, and in 3 hours, I'm done!! (Hopefully with undergrad forever!)

You'll rock your exam!

My exam is at 6PM so still a while to go. Kind of lazy atm though, but I need to do that final pass too.

Anyone at the point of killing time that they're looking at apartments in Vancouver? :P

Hoping to find a place in Kits or Yaletown, I think, should I get an offer.

The thought of housing just stresses me out so I try not to think about it. For now my kids are registered for school in 4 different cities. (Takes a lot of sweet-talking to get them to enrol us when we don't have a local address near any of them.)

3 months is such a short time to rearrange lives. I'll be fine sleeping on a park bench if I can just get my family looked after.

Time to go do something else to try and take my mind off of the next 20 days!

The thought of housing just stresses me out so I try not to think about it. For now my kids are registered for school in 4 different cities. (Takes a lot of sweet-talking to get them to enrol us when we don't have a local address near any of them.)

3 months is such a short time to rearrange lives. I'll be fine sleeping on a park bench if I can just get my family looked after.

Time to go do something else to try and take my mind off of the next 20 days!

Wow, that's rough. Registration wouldn't be possible after offers are out? Relocation isn't nearly as much of a burden for me; I'm actually looking forward to it, especially if it's Vancouver!

Need mucho moolah for that :o Living at with the folks is easier. Plus I'll have food whenever I get home without much effort.

Oh and.. 50th post :) Hurrah!

Need some way to burn through that LOC ;) But yeah living at home is probably the best move, financially. Moving out definitely allows for lots of growing up/fun experiences, though.

Need some way to burn through that LOC ;) But yeah living at home is probably the best move, financially. Moving out definitely allows for lots of growing up/fun experiences, though.

Well. I just finished my undergrad in MTL so I've had 4 solid years away from my folks. That said, I know it'd be a bit inconvenient at times living at home. Hmm any ideas for happy mediums?

I guarantee that the majority of you will be clicking refresh on premed every minute, while refreshing your OAS every 30 seconds :)

Last year my email came before premed posts, so for those of you with email synced to smart phones get ready to have your heart skip a beat with every notification throughout the day ;)

Will the acceptance be sent out first? Around what time?

Last year it went Rejection, Waitlist, Acceptance. Basically checking PM101 allowed you to see when the "wave" of rejections ended (giving some sigh of relief since you weren't flat rejected) which followed a short period of silence. Next was waitlist which caused another wave followed by lunch break. Once PM101 was quiet and nothing occurred during the 1.5 hr break it was safe to assume one was in the clear. Elation commenced around 2:30 pm ish.

Last year it went Rejection, Waitlist, Acceptance. Basically checking PM101 allowed you to see when the "wave" of rejections ended (giving some sigh of relief since you weren't flat rejected) which followed a short period of silence. Next was waitlist which caused another wave followed by lunch break. Once PM101 was quiet and nothing occurred during the 1.5 hr break it was safe to assume one was in the clear. Elation commenced around 2:30 pm ish.

And the anxiety becomes real!

Thanks for the head up. So maybe don't check the email until 2:00pm?:D

Thanks for the head up. So maybe don't check the email until 2:00pm?:D

Never know if UBC throws a curve ball but your guess of when acceptances will be released is as good as anyone's. I'm just commenting of what happened last year... not sure if that is historical trend.

Archived