Premed 101 Forums

May 13th countdown thread

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the last few days are the only time I've been sort of excited to go to work just for a few hours of distraction. But it's not enough, I think about it at work too. :(

I feel the same way actually. Work is a great way to keep busy, even if I check pm101 every 10 mins while I'm there. I have Sunday and Monday off, though. I don't know what I'm going to do to keep sane. :P

I feel the same way actually. Work is a great way to keep busy, even if I check pm101 every 10 mins while I'm there. I have Sunday and Monday off, though. I don't know what I'm going to do to keep sane. :P

Unfortunately I can't check PM101! I'm teaching swimming lessons, and I definitely zone out for like 5 seconds at a time while the kids are chatting at me and think about it. It's bad, hahah.

I have Monday off, and I am probably going to watch an entire season of something on Netflix, as sad as that is, ahah.

And buy a birthday present for my sister. She's hard to buy for so maybe that'll distract me for a little while.

I already didn't sleep that well last night, going to be a long few days. Tuesday morning I'll see if I can stay up until 4 and then just get up around 7:30, should be exhausted enough to just fall asleep instead of freaking out.

I didn't sleep well either. I'm anxious even when I'm not running scenarios in my mind. I'm going crazy. :P 2 more days if you don't count today!

I didn't sleep well either. I'm anxious even when I'm not running scenarios in my mind. I'm going crazy. :P 2 more days if you don't count today!

Haha I had a dream about living in Vancouver again last night. :P Can't tell if that's an indication of optimism or insanity.

I have Monday off, and I am probably going to watch an entire season of something on Netflix, as sad as that is, ahah.

House of Cards! Although it isn't the most cheerful of shows lol

I already didn't sleep that well last night, going to be a long few days. Tuesday morning I'll see if I can stay up until 4 and then just get up around 7:30, should be exhausted enough to just fall asleep instead of freaking out.

I don't think adrenaline works that way :P

House of Cards! Although it isn't the most cheerful of shows lol

I don't think adrenaline works that way :P

+1 for House of Cards. Hands down my favourite TV show. Very bingeable.

I think I need something a little lighter than that. :P

Honestly I might watch something super light like everybody loves Raymond or Fraiser, haha (I love American Netflix. It has everything)

Haha I like those shows too but no way I could watch them for an entire day. I need something with an overlying plot, not just self-contained 22 minute episodes. Definitely agree about the American Netflix. Canadian is good too, though. I like being able to go back and fourth for things that might be on one but not the other. :P

Haha I like those shows too but no way I could watch them for an entire day. I need something with an overlying plot, not just self-contained 22 minute episodes. Definitely agree about the American Netflix. Canadian is good too, though. I like being able to go back and fourth for things that might be on one but not the other. :P

Yah that's true. I have a few errands to run though so it won't be ALL day. I plan to sleep as late as possible too.

I like switching as well. Mostly cause downton abbey isn't on the American one. :P

3 more days! To every one of you waiting, I want you to remember forever what it feels like right now. Remember the agony, the anxiety, the difficulty of not knowing the decision. When you are in medical school (and most of you will, if not this year then another, for you are great candidates already to have made it to the interview), these days are the ones that will keep you going. Recalling the hardship and difficulty associated with admission is one of the best drives when life in medical school gets challenging.

Remember the next 3 days. Document them. Write down something.

One day, you will look back on this.

And it could change your day.

My heartfelt best wishes to everyone. To those of you that don't get in this year, I can only say try and try again. Most med students try more than once to get in. With the right effort and the right circumstances, things will work in your favour.

Good luck, Mac interviewees 2017!

I hear Pokemon is on Netflix now, just putting that out there... :P

Lol. I never really got into Pokemon. The boys would never let me play in elementary school. :( and I never watched the shows. :P

3 more days! To every one of you waiting, I want you to remember forever what it feels like right now. Remember the agony, the anxiety, the difficulty of not knowing the decision. When you are in medical school (and most of you will, if not this year then another, for you are great candidates already to have made it to the interview), these days are the ones that will keep you going. Recalling the hardship and difficulty associated with admission is one of the best drives when life in medical school gets challenging.

Remember the next 3 days. Document them. Write down something.

One day, you will look back on this.

And it could change your day.

My heartfelt best wishes to everyone. To those of you that don't get in this year, I can only say try and try again. Most med students try more than once to get in. With the right effort and the right circumstances, things will work in your favour.

Good luck, Mac interviewees 2017!

Thanks for the kind and wise words Leon.

I was out all day so that was a good time-killer. Also ended up watching Dexter past season 4, I can see why everyone thought it got considerably worse but I think being able to marathon through them helps the slow pace that the seasons 5 and 6 took.

We're about 52 hours out now!

ETA: If it's any more terrifying, it's actually the day after tomorrow as of 5 minutes ago.

Archived