Premed 101 Forums

May 13th countdown thread

I was out all day so that was a good time-killer. Also ended up watching Dexter past season 4, I can see why everyone thought it got considerably worse but I think being able to marathon through them helps the slow pace that the seasons 5 and 6 took.

We're about 52 hours out now!

ETA: If it's any more terrifying, it's actually the day after tomorrow as of 5 minutes ago.

You only need about 24 more hours to finish Dexter now, gogogo!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time in a few weeks, I remember what I said at one of the MMI stations and it's making me cringe. :P

Everyone wants to hear good news tomorrow but I'm trying to be realistic knowing there's only a 40% chance, likely lower because of my below average GPA. Weird that a single e-mail tomorrow could be life-changing.

For the first time in a few weeks, I remember what I said at one of the MMI stations and it's making me cringe. :P

Everyone wants to hear good news tomorrow but I'm trying to be realistic knowing there's only a 40% chance, likely lower because of my below average GPA. Weird that a single e-mail tomorrow could be life-changing.

Hey Sarvish, the MMI is worth 75%, that overwhelms the 15% GPA and VR. Try not to think about it (easier said than done). I hope you hear good news come tomorrow :)

P.S. You and I have the same stats for McMaster 3.75 + 11

Hey Sarvish, the MMI is worth 75%, that overwhelms the 15% GPA and VR. Try not to think about it (easier said than done). I hope you hear good news come tomorrow :)

P.S. You and I have the same stats for McMaster 3.75 + 11

That math is a bit off (I think it's 70%) but I get your point. 50+ days of waiting and it's finally here, can't help but worry at this point.

I think I said it earlier too, but we did the MMI with ~100 seconds of preparation for each question and now we've had almost 2 months to come up with better ideas. Surveys always show that people are horrible at predicting their own performance so worrying won't help but that won't stop me from doing so. :P

And I hope you hear good news as well, been rooting for you since last year.

And how does the dream end? Accepted or not? Or are you left in suspense?? :eek:

I never find out! Always ends in suspense! It's mostly a dream were I check my email, and I always either wake up before I get to read the subject of the email, or I'm too nervous/anxious to open it and then I wake up.

That may be a sign that you will lose power or your computer will break just as the emails are sent out! Lol just kidding but ya never know, that's why I'll have two computers and my phone at the ready! I hope it works out for those us here helping each other kill time ;)

I got accepted everywhere in my dreams last night. Then I woke up and was sad that it wasn't real. :P Almost there!

Interesting to note that I got regrets from the schools where you got interviews and vice versa. Really goes to show you the value of applying to multiple schools if you are committed to getting in because they all look for different things in every applicant

Should we create a poll like this too? http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=927172#post927172

I just saw it on some other schools forums. I'm not sure how to create a poll or else I've done it already. Help please? :)

Yes, I think that's a good idea for someone to do! But like previous years, I think there should be a security question (e.g., how many stations) because they've had trolls before.

Should we create a poll like this too? http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=927172#post927172

I just saw it on some other schools forums. I'm not sure how to create a poll or else I've done it already. Help please? :)

Hi, here is the link that teaches you how to create a poll. I created a poll for UBC thread. Good luck.

http://premed101.com/forums/faq.php?do=search&q=option

Archived