Premed 101 Forums

what's your dream car

burrb

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

realistic dream audi R8 but prob wouldnt spend the money on a car. I would prob just splurge on a bmw 3 series.

btw I actually hate driving. anyone who drive in toronto or new york can prob share the same sentiments as me. most of the time i actually take the subway rather than drive when i am going downtown.

edit:

i actually know someone with a corvette who acts like a douche bag, he is in his 40s. I bet he would act different if he knew that I was actually a childhood friend of his son.

I'm pretty indifferent about cars. Function-wise, my dream is a small 4WD SUV, like the one I have now (Suzuki Grand Vitara), but with a more powerful engine and jacked up with all sorts of cool stuff for offroading - winch, chains, roof rack storage, etc. I would like my car to be able to tow a sleeper trailer or a boat without trouble.

As a couple, I think it's a great combo to have 4WD vehicle with room for storage for outdoor pursuits/winter driving and a second vehicle that's very economical. My husband has a decrepit Honda Civic, when it goes the way of the dodo bird, we'll be getting something small. I had a Toyota Yaris before, the gas mileage was amazing, it's the perfect commuter's car. My husband's 6'0" and 220 lbs, though, and he was just about scraping the ceiling in that car, so we may have to go with just a slightly bigger car. Maybe a little VW Jetta Clean Diesel.

Normally I'd agree. The Aventador isn't even offered with a manual transmission, though. They've been moving away since the automatic clutch is so much more effective (can switch gears in fractions of a second... I remember Top Gear talking about it and how it's bittersweet in that manual is more fun but the semi-auto is way quicker)

Oh I'm fully aware that the newer automatics are faster and more fuel efficient than a manual, and that a lot of the upper end car companies have stopped supporting manual entirely. I really enjoy driving though (outside of the city of course), and would sacrifice all of the above for a more fun driving experience in a heartbeat. Are there even any roads in Ontario where you'll ever be able to go as fast as the Aventador allows, or take advantage of the faster shifting? There certainly aren't any in Vancouver lol

As a couple, I think it's a great combo to have 4WD vehicle with room for storage for outdoor pursuits/winter driving and a second vehicle that's very economical. My husband has a decrepit Honda Civic, when it goes the way of the dodo bird, we'll be getting something small. I had a Toyota Yaris before, the gas mileage was amazing, it's the perfect commuter's car. My husband's 6'0" and 220 lbs, though, and he was just about scraping the ceiling in that car, so we may have to go with just a slightly bigger car. Maybe a little VW Jetta Clean Diesel.

My dad has a diesel stationwagon VW Jetta, and he gets about 1000 km to a tank on it, so its ridiculously fuel efficient. He drives about 100 km/day in his commute, so it makes sense for him, but it's actually quite a temperamental car and he's had to service it quite a bit over the years, so you may want to consider that when buying. Civics and Corollas are usually the go-to for reliable, efficient, smaller cars, and the newer ones actually look quite nice as well, so you may not want to write them off too easily :)

Are there even any roads in Ontario where you'll ever be able to go as fast as the Aventador allows, or take advantage of the faster shifting? There certainly aren't any in Vancouver lol

Depends on what kinds of fines you're willing to pay and how much time you're willing to spend in jail, I suppose. :P I have heard of private racetracks in Ontario where they have supercar rentals, though. That'd be fun.

Depends on what kinds of fines you're willing to pay and how much time you're willing to spend in jail, I suppose. :P I have heard of private racetracks in Ontario where they have supercar rentals, though. That'd be fun.

Money and jail time are all fine and dandy, but over here if you get caught excessively speeding, they'll also impound your vehicle for a minimum of 7 days :(

Private racetracks sound cool though haha, I know we have a drag racing speedway fairly close by (tracks are only 1/4 mile length though), and I've heard of "obstacle" tracks where the objective is handling and tricks like drifting, but I don't know if we have anything that'll actually allow a supercar to flex its muscles...

I don't think they have supercar rentals, but the Ferrari club in Ottawa uses the Calabogie racetrack which sounds like a whole lot of fun.

Might add Pagani Zonda to my list. As long as we are staying realistic

What not the huayra?

also the point of having a supercar is to show off duh...and if you care about performance then just find a track and track it every weekend. it's expensive though cause of the tires etc.

What not the huayra?

also the point of having a supercar is to show off duh...and if you care about performance then just find a track and track it every weekend. it's expensive though cause of the tires etc.

When your car costs more than some houses do tire costs really matter?! :eek:

hehe good point but I think it depends how rich you really are. If you're reasonably rich and you have a nice house and an entrance level aston or a v8 R8, or a ferrari california or the likes, then yeah I'd be concerned about blowing even more money on tires and the extra maintenance for tracking.

But if we're talking millions of moneys then yeah who cares burn rubber all day :D

hehe good point but I think it depends how rich you really are. If you're reasonably rich and you have a nice house and an entrance level aston or a v8 R8, or a ferrari california or the likes, then yeah I'd be concerned about blowing even more money on tires and the extra maintenance for tracking.

But if we're talking millions of moneys then yeah who cares burn rubber all day :D

I think if were talking reasonable money, I would love to have a carrera s, bmw m5 and merc g wagon in my driveway

My husband is an automotive geek and he keeps singing about the merits of a Tesla model S.

If I had the money today, that is what I would buy. Almost supercar level performance and extremely cheap to run on a daily basis. Also, extremely comfortable and loaded to the gills with good, visible, user interactable technology.

Not sure what car will be the "go-to" for me when we do end up saving some :)

Archived