Premed 101 Forums

Computer for Med School

I share the same sentiments - don't like to have to import PDFs into OneNote, then export it back out if I want to view it on my iPad. I didn't like the user interface on Drawboard PDF either.

What PDF app do you use on your iPad?

But there is an iOS OneNote app now - why would you have to export?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to chime in with some potential solutions here. I'm using Onedrive to back up my Onenote, 1TB of cloud storage with the student version office and it provides a solid back up in case a hard drive on one of my devices fails or gets corrupted. In addition my Onenote notebooks are synced pretty much instantaneously between my desktop, SP3 and iPad. It does suck that the iOS Onenote doesn't really support annotating though, that's a definite downside if you're looking to go cross-platform. For a PDF annotator I highly recommend Drawboard PDF, unless that's the one that keeps crashing on you

I'm sorry the SP3 didn't work out for you (I'm fully on the bandwagon myself) but there's really a ton of phenomenal devices out there and your iPad/Mac combo is probably going to be awesome anyways.

Hah yup that was the one that crashed! It was really nice to use... but in addition to the crashing it lacked good file management I thought.

I share the same sentiments - don't like to have to import PDFs into OneNote, then export it back out if I want to view it on my iPad. I didn't like the user interface on Drawboard PDF either.

What PDF app do you use on your iPad?

I'm probably going to need a bit of time to establish my workflow and apps are constantly being developed/improved, but I'm thinking I'll annotate in GoodNotes and once finished export to GoodReader for storage/syncing to the cloud. GoodNotes is elegant and powerful when it comes to marking up documents and taking notes from scratch, but lacks a nice way of organizing a large number of files. GoodReader's annotation capabilities are pretty limited, but is great for organizing/syncing(Dropbox/iCloud/Google Drive/etc)/viewing documents (comfortable for reviewing/tabbed documents is handy). I think this is going to work out pretty well. I also love my Adonit Jot Pro stylus... would definitely recommend it.

Archived