Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Party!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If memory serves mac used to release at the 11-13 day mark but last year was 14 and was preempted by queens in releasing waitlist offers.

Any wait list questions or speculations i consider myself an expert. I spent 46 days on the interview waitlist and 93 on the offer wait list.

If memory serves mac used to release at the 11-13 day mark but last year was 14 and was preempted by queens in releasing waitlist offers.

Any wait list questions or speculations i consider myself an expert. I spent 46 days on the interview waitlist and 93 on the offer wait list.

I had no idea you were on the interview waitlist as well! Do you know if Mac accepted exactly 203 yesterday or did they over-accept?

And your thread last year had the first waitlist calls going out on the 24th which I believe is 10 days?

Queen's released before the 14 day mark last year!?

Wow 93 days. That almost takes you to o-week doesn't it? Must have been an amazing but very unexpected call at that point.

I guess the timing of when each school starts their waitlist movement is also somewhat strategic isn't it? Since saying yes to a waitlist offer (which you'd presumably do in almost any case) precludes you from receiving an offer from another school. I wonder if the schools try to find out each other's dates and all haha

So there are no hard and fast rules regarding when waitlists offers are released. It may be the case that many people with outstanding offers may be waiting to see if they get an acceptance at McMaster. I'd be more worried about people with multiple acceptances waiting till the last minute

Wow 93 days. That almost takes you to o-week doesn't it? Must have been an amazing but very unexpected call at that point.

I guess the timing of when each school starts their waitlist movement is also somewhat strategic isn't it? Since saying yes to a waitlist offer (which you'd presumably do in almost any case) precludes you from receiving an offer from another school. I wonder if the schools try to find out each other's dates and all haha

Even if you say 'yes' on the phone, you still have 2 weeks to accept it on OMSAS. So I'm not sure how much strategy would be involved.

Even if you say 'yes' on the phone, you still have 2 weeks to accept it on OMSAS. So I'm not sure how much strategy would be involved.

Are you sure that's true? Waitlist offers might have a shorter deadline for response. I know that's how it is at UBC.

Are you sure that's true? Waitlist offers might have a shorter deadline for response. I know that's how it is at UBC.

I'm reasonably sure that it's still 2 weeks. Even if it was shorter, the point still stands. If one school phones you first, it's unfair to the other schools that phone you later on for a waitlist spot (assuming the phone call is immediately binding).

All offers are accepted through OMSAS as far as I know.

All offers are accepted through OMSAS, but generally if you're getting a waitlist offer the deadline to accept becomes increasingly shorter. So if you're called at the start you have one-two weeks to decide, then it becomes a week, and then just a few days because they're trying to fill the class.

Archived